Error mounting an ISO (1 Viewer)

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hoping for a little guidance on this. I'm using Virtual Clonedrive to mount ISO images (which then autoplay via PDVD7). When I select a movie for playback, I get an error (image attached) before the movie launches. I am not sure what to do to troubleshoot this...can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have the latest beta for Moving Pictures and 1.0 release of MediaPortal.

Also, if you notice on the image my fonts are overlapping. Is there a way to adjust the font size to prevent this?

Thx!

Attachments

• MP error msg1.jpg
      MP error msg1.jpg
      459.6 KB

ddlooping

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 23, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello sclaws :)

Have you tried using Daemon Tools instead of Virtual Clonedrive?

FiremanJim

Portal Member
    January 16, 2008
    Hoping for a little guidance on this. I'm using Virtual Clonedrive to mount ISO images (which then autoplay via PDVD7). When I select a movie for playback, I get an error (image attached) before the movie launches. I am not sure what to do to troubleshoot this...can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, if you notice on the image my fonts are overlapping. Is there a way to adjust the font size to prevent this?

Thx!

you need to download and install the latest beta of VCD -it comes with a file (daemon.exe) that allows VCD to run in MediaPortal - working great for me so far.

PhilipW

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    North Texas
    Home Country

Thx!

you need to download and install the latest beta of VCD -it comes with a file (daemon.exe) that allows VCD to run in MediaPortal - working great for me so far.

I have the exact same problem and I have just installed VCD per your suggestion firemanjim. Problem still exists. Movie still plays, but the error window pops up. For me, Vista, MP 1.0, latest Moving Pictures beta, PDVD 7.3.

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    Hey all...thx for the feedback. I have had trouble with Daemon and AnyDVD not working nice together in the past so VCD is sort of critical for me. I have the current VCD beta that is supposed to emulate Daemontools but the error persists...odd, but it never interrupts successful mounting and playback via PDVD7.

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    had some trouble the last minutes mounting any dvd images via daemon tools... thought it was an issue with the new version 4.3.0.3 of daemon tools or anydvd but in the end i found some lines in the mp error.log pointing these issues to moving pictures which i installed for testing 2 days ago... disabled moving pictures and mounting images works fine again...

so heres the log, probably it helps solving this problem...

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    I have the exact same problem and I have just installed VCD per your suggestion firemanjim. Problem still exists. Movie still plays, but the error window pops up. For me, Vista, MP 1.0, latest Moving Pictures beta, PDVD 7.3.

Thx Philip. Just an addition, I have only used MP for about a week but this issue didn't exist until updating to the latest Moving Pictures beta, FWIW.

Hey FiremanJim...which release of Moving Pictures are you using?

Mevlock

Portal Member
    March 30, 2007
    Same problem here. Although I'm using Moving-Pictures to mount and play Blu-rays. I'm guessing perhaps moving-pictures is now automatically trying to get mediaportal to play the mounted iso, which at least in my case, will obviously fail since it's a blu-ray and not a dvd.

With previous versions of moving-pictures all was fine as all it did was mount the iso. PowerDVD than auto started playback via Vista's autoplay feature.

On the other hand I can now scan, eject and successfully mount eSata drives! Thanks for the devs to the changes that have made that possible. Very pleased :)

poppabk

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    I am having the same problem with regular DVD iso files. I have attached my mediaportal log. I try to play 300 and the iso does mount but then does not play.

poppabk

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    OK fixed my problem by setting my drive letter in the daemon tools config section of the mediaportal config to the same drive letter in the daemon tools config. Now works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom