Error mounting an ISO (1 Viewer)

PhilipW

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    North Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    makes sense. now we just have to figure out how to stop MP from popping up the error shown in the first post.

Mevlock

Portal Member
    March 30, 2007
    Well after some checking around it seems I have two separate issues, the latest svn of mediaportal seems to have issues on my system mounting iso's properly. Works fine if I go back to the release version. Will investigate this more to see if it's a problem just at my end or a mediaportal bug.

Secondly it seems moving-pictures does some checking of iso images now, hence why the pop-up happens with my blu-ray iso's. See here:
    Issue 327 - moving-pictures - Mounted Bluray and SVCD Disks Wont Play - Google Code

PhilipW

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    North Texas
    Home Country
    Hoping for a little guidance on this. I'm using Virtual Clonedrive to mount ISO images (which then autoplay via PDVD7). When I select a movie for playback, I get an error (image attached) before the movie launches. I am not sure what to do to troubleshoot this...can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have the latest beta for Moving Pictures and 1.0 release of MediaPortal.

Also, if you notice on the image my fonts are overlapping. Is there a way to adjust the font size to prevent this?

Thx!

I thought I'd kick this back up to see if anybody has thoughts on it as the thread got a little off the topic and the problem still exists for me as well.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    It's Moving Pictures 0.7 doing this for certain. Happens on both my media centers, including the new one which is a fresh install. Happens with stock MP 1.0 and 3 svn's after it.

I disabled 0.7 and iso's work fine. I use 0.6 and iso's work fine. It's something in 0.7 that broke it, which is too bad, because I like 0.7 but lack of iso support is a real deal-breaker for myself and I am sure many others. Hopefully this gets looked at soon.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Yeah, I confirmed just now that if I select it a second time it works for me too, same as all the others. So it's usable, just very annoying.

What did MP do differently in 0.7? I can't find anything related to iso's in the changelogs but clearly it's trying to do it's own mounting routine or file validity check independent of Media Portal in this version.

Edit: Ok, just read the bug report on Googlecode, looks like they are fixing this in 0.71 due in the next day or two. Thank you guys! Moving Pictures is way to cool to have to disable to play iso's.

PhilipW

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    North Texas
    Home Country
    Hoping for a little guidance on this. I'm using Virtual Clonedrive to mount ISO images (which then autoplay via PDVD7). When I select a movie for playback, I get an error (image attached) before the movie launches. I am not sure what to do to troubleshoot this...can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have the latest beta for Moving Pictures and 1.0 release of MediaPortal.

Also, if you notice on the image my fonts are overlapping. Is there a way to adjust the font size to prevent this?

Thx!

you need to download and install the latest beta of VCD -it comes with a file (daemon.exe) that allows VCD to run in MediaPortal - working great for me so far.

I have the exact same problem and I have just installed VCD per your suggestion firemanjim. Problem still exists. Movie still plays, but the error window pops up. For me, Vista, MP 1.0, latest Moving Pictures beta, PDVD 7.3.

Moving Pictures 0.7.1 release this week fixed this problem for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom