Error Starting Playback (1 Viewer)

floppinab

Portal Member
August 25, 2008
Home Country
Hi there,

I've just installed a fresh Vers. 1.2.3 running on a Vista machine and am trying to get Online Videos working well.
Most links work OK but several are not. I am in Australia and are trying to get ABC iView working, it's coming up with the error. As is SouthPark and some videos on NBA although most are OK. The error is as follows after appearing to successfully connect and sits on 0% buffering.

Error Starting Playback
Unspecified Error

Looking through other folks with this error, I have switched off the Security settings I have (Windows Defender), completely disabling it. This had no effect.

I've tried with and without the LAV filters installed, this has also made no difference. Would appreciate anyone's thoughts, thanks.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Did you make those logs when you thought you were using lav, because I think divx decoder was used instead of lav.

Last edited:

floppinab

Portal Member
    August 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Thanks yep those were with DivX, the attached are with LAV.
    The problem still persists, would appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Attachments

• evr.zip
      435.4 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe the ABC iView Site is simply broken for OnlineVideos. It hasn't been updated in one year.
    I see that @doskabouter is maintaining it, but it is most likely geoblocked and his VPN might be off, so no chance to look into it.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Actually, I do have some new zealand/australian vpn's, I'll have a look at it this weekend (provided the vpn's are still working)

floppinab

Portal Member
    August 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi guys,
    Thanks again for the support, but it's not just ABCivew that isn't working for me, so I'm pretty sure it's not the streams, there are several others that aren't as well, as per the original post SouthPark isn't and some videos on NBA work OK but some do not.
    I don't know too much about the logs but the below is the error that pops up consistently :

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)
    at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.Player.OnlineVideosPlayer.BufferFile()
    [01-26 16:29:40,871] [OnlineVideos] [INFO ] Buffering was aborted.
    [01-26 16:29:41,106] [OnlineVideos] [WARN ] OnlineVideos.OnlineVideosException: Unspecified error

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is a generic error, and simply can mean that the connection to the video is incorrect. You are talking about 3 out of 300 sites here. You can't expect all of them to fully work at the same time. You'll have to ask a dev to look into those specific sites. I fyou can play video from the bigger sites like YouTube, in general your installation is fine.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Indeed I don't have an australian vpn anymore :( so I can't test it. @floppinab Are you from australia?

Edit: and more important: can you play those not-working videos on the website itself?

Last edited:

floppinab

Portal Member
    August 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Yes I am in Australia and the bigger connections like YouTube are indeed working fine.
    ABCiview is working on the browser fine but still not in MP.
    If you think it's the Online Config that is broken I'm happy to assist in getting it going, I'm keen to add a few of the other local free to air catch up channels as well.
    Let me know what I can do

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, ABC iview is one of the more complex sites (involves c# coding). I would be best helped if you can provide me with a VPN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom