Error with pictures while importing film

Discussion in 'My Films' started by Marco White, November 8, 2013.

1. Marco White

Marco White New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    Hi to all!
    I'm new to this plugin. I want to ask you for a problem when i import the film in myfilms.

The plugin import very well all the data. But in some film it don't load the cover image. I try to update manually in the film list of amc updater. But it shows me an error like this "error adding data (picture) to movie update dialog".

I use the mymovies it scraper.

Do you know what is this?

Thanks, Marco.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english! :)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dadeo
    • Premium Supporter

Dadeo Docs Group Manager

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    Hi Marco - your English was very clear! Can you give me an example of a film(s) that won't load the cover image so I can try to reproduce it?
    I assume you checked there is actually a poster available on movies.it? ;)
    You could attach your AMCUpdater.log (usually in ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log) as that might provide a clue.
    You can also test the grabbing using the Grabber Script Editor - it's easier than it looks ;) - that's what I will do once you tell me some films that don't load the cover.

4. Marco White

Marco White New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    Thank you for your reply. :)

The error that i retrieve from amcupdater is: "Error addinga data ('Picture') to Movie Update Dialog: Il valore non può essere null. Nome parametro: path2"

I give you three examples:

- American Pie - Il matrimonio (translated title) - American wedding (original title)
    - Born to fight (translated title) - Kerd ma lui (original title)
    - Cruel intentions - Prima regola: non innamorarsi(translated title) - Cruel intentions (original title)

Sorry but I can't find the .log file.

Thanks, Marco.

5. Dadeo
    • Premium Supporter

Dadeo Docs Group Manager

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    I checked http://www.mymovies.it and it seems there are issues with the covers for those movies. MyFilms grabber script tries to grab the larger/better resolution for the first/main image, but when I click on the image on the site to get the larger one, either it doesn't display correctly, or I get a 404 error. :(

So all I can suggest is that you can globally update all the movies missing covers using a different grabber script - TMDB-EN-V3.xml should work (unfortunately there isn't a v3 for TMDB-it grabber yet). Here's basically how you batch update:
    1. Open AMC Updater (can be done via desktop shortcut for your catalog)
    2. Go to 'Update Movies' tab
    3. Operation = Update Record
    4. Parameters - DB field=Picture Not Exists
    5. Change the grabber under Internet Grabber Options to the one you want (e.g. TMDB-EN-V3.xml)
    6. Click 'Test Params' and check how many movies it finds to update - i.e. the ones with missing covers
    7. If all looks good, click 'Apply Changes'
    For more details and examples, see the wiki page AMC Updater > Update Movies Tab > Update Record
    Of course you could update the covers one by one either in AMCUpdater on View movies after selecting a different grabber, or within My Films, using the context menu Updates > Get Internet Info, or the Cover manager, but if you have quite a few, the batch update is easier imo. And good to get familiar with it so you can batch update by field(s) whenever you want. ;)

6. Marco White

Marco White New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    Thank you for all the info! Tomorrow i will try and i'll let you know!

Thank you again, Marco. :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!