Error with pictures while importing film (1 Viewer)

Marco White

November 8, 2013
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi to all!
I'm new to this plugin. I want to ask you for a problem when i import the film in myfilms.

The plugin import very well all the data. But in some film it don't load the cover image. I try to update manually in the film list of amc updater. But it shows me an error like this "error adding data (picture) to movie update dialog".

I use the mymovies it scraper.

Do you know what is this?

Thanks, Marco.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english! :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Marco - your English was very clear! Can you give me an example of a film(s) that won't load the cover image so I can try to reproduce it?
    I assume you checked there is actually a poster available on movies.it? ;)
    You could attach your AMCUpdater.log (usually in ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log) as that might provide a clue.
    You can also test the grabbing using the Grabber Script Editor - it's easier than it looks ;) - that's what I will do once you tell me some films that don't load the cover.

Marco White

November 8, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thank you for your reply. :)

The error that i retrieve from amcupdater is: "Error addinga data ('Picture') to Movie Update Dialog: Il valore non può essere null. Nome parametro: path2"

I give you three examples:

- American Pie - Il matrimonio (translated title) - American wedding (original title)
    - Born to fight (translated title) - Kerd ma lui (original title)
    - Cruel intentions - Prima regola: non innamorarsi(translated title) - Cruel intentions (original title)

Sorry but I can't find the .log file.

Thanks, Marco.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I checked http://www.mymovies.it and it seems there are issues with the covers for those movies. MyFilms grabber script tries to grab the larger/better resolution for the first/main image, but when I click on the image on the site to get the larger one, either it doesn't display correctly, or I get a 404 error. :(

So all I can suggest is that you can globally update all the movies missing covers using a different grabber script - TMDB-EN-V3.xml should work (unfortunately there isn't a v3 for TMDB-it grabber yet). Here's basically how you batch update:
    1. Open AMC Updater (can be done via desktop shortcut for your catalog)
    2. Go to 'Update Movies' tab
    3. Operation = Update Record
    4. Parameters - DB field=Picture Not Exists
    5. Change the grabber under Internet Grabber Options to the one you want (e.g. TMDB-EN-V3.xml)
    6. Click 'Test Params' and check how many movies it finds to update - i.e. the ones with missing covers
    7. If all looks good, click 'Apply Changes'
    For more details and examples, see the wiki page AMC Updater > Update Movies Tab > Update Record
    Of course you could update the covers one by one either in AMCUpdater on View movies after selecting a different grabber, or within My Films, using the context menu Updates > Get Internet Info, or the Cover manager, but if you have quite a few, the batch update is easier imo. And good to get familiar with it so you can batch update by field(s) whenever you want. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom