Errors reading WMA tags (1 Viewer)

Koudijs

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It seems that Microsoft uses the freely available documentation to keep us behind our PCs :)

samundsen

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have ripped 100+ albums in the wma lossless format. I used this format because it was the only lossless format supported by the application I used at that time for streaming my music. Later on I switched to an HTPC with MediaPortal and kept my files. If I had to do it again I would switch to FLAC.

My situation exactly. I have about 500 albums ripped in the WMA lossless format. I'm not about to convert all of these to a different format just to move away from WMA (Microsoft). I use Windows Media Player to manage my music, and sync with my portable player. It all work and sound great.

As for you who "don't understand why anyone would use this codec", I ask, why not? What's wrong with it? It's lossless, so it works as a good backup for the CD. Please tell me what FLAC will give me that lossless WMA will not (without bringing up the "I hate Microsoft" argument).

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I think many of us have done the same here, use M$ because didn't think of other tools & or that you could get Album info & art easily :eek:
    He, he, he now at least i know better.... re ripping several hundred cd's ain't fun.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom