Essence-1080p [WIP] - Looking for tester/contributor! (1 Viewer)

n4orcer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2008
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Essence 1080p

Changelog: View the changelog on Goggle Code
    Project Site: Essence-1080p - Project Hosting on Google Code
    How do I download the SVN versions? Just follow this guide!

Project Lead/Designer/Coder: n4orcer
    Coder/Contributer/Developer: stargate12

Skin Description:
    The theme/skin is centered around using the amount of screen available on a 1080p screen. I do not like having text scroll on my 1080p screen when there is lots of space available for it. This theme is aimed to retify this and use the space available as much as possible but still provide a minimalistic and clean interface.

The skin is Mediaportal 1.2+ only.

Screenshots
    Please see this post for screenshots.

Development Status
    Core Functionality
    [Finished]myHome
    [Finished]myWeather
    [Finished]myMusic
    [Finished]myPictures
    [Finished]myVideos
    [Finished]myPlugins
    [Started]BasicHome
    [Finished]myTV
    [Finished]Settings
    [Not Started]Games

Plugins
    [Finished]Moving Pictures 1.07+
    [Finished]TV-Series 3.0b+
    [Finished]FanArtHandler 2.2+
    [Finished]InfoService 1.6+
    [Started]I.F.C 2.0+
    [Finished]Online Videos
    [Finished]Rockstar
    [Not Started]myLyrics 1.5.1.0+
    [Not Started]For The Record 1.5+
    [Not Started]RadioTime
    [Not Started]myTrailers
    [Not Started]HTPCInfo

Design/Artwork and "Cool stuff"
    [Finished]ClearArt (TV-Series 2.6+)
    [Finished]Latest Episodes & Movies
    [Not Started]Latest Pictures, Music and Recordings

Skin related
    [Started] Essence Configuration Tool
    [Not Started] Installation Package (MediaPortal Exstension Installer)

Want to help out?

We would like to expand with one or two people that are developing/designing for the skin and a handfull of people that are intrested in testing the skin and provide feedback to us.

Tester
    We are currently looking for a few people that are interested in being testers for our skin as we will be holding off on public releases until the skin is in a more finished state.

Basically we would want a few people that can test the skin in an production environment and provide feedback, bug reports and so on.

It would be a great plus if you are able to download and test directly from the SVN repository but it's not needed.

Contributor/Developer
    If you are familiar with working with XML files or if you are good with Photoshop, can do mock-up designs and are interested in actively helping us out in developing this skin please send me an PM.

Let us know if you can and want to help us or join our team! :D

Kind Regards,
    n4orcer

n4orcer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2008
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: Looking for co-designer/coder for new skin

See first post for latest screenshots.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Can't offer any help, but I really wish you the best of luck with this, as it would be nice to have more 1080p skins for MP (currently only B&W is updated).

One tip: If possible, it would be wise to have some mock-ups that shows some kind of "goal". That way it would be much easier for others to know if this is something they want to help out with.

n4orcer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2008
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Thanks, I hope to provide a nice alternate 1080p skin that is updated and continuously worked on. With all the space available to use in 1080p I really want to create a theme that uses that to provide as much information as possible about the media and such.

A thing i noticed when trying to find some form of documentation about how skinning works was that there was not much around. I could not find anything in the wiki, is there some other place available where I could read to get a bit more understanding, what is possible where and so on? Or is it pretty much "read and learn" from other skins?

Thanks for the tip! I will provide a few mockups later today, did not think of that really so thanks for the tip! :)

n4orcer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2008
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

doesnt any 720p skin upscale to 1080p resolution?

Well yes that is true. But from what i have seen and learned you do get more control over how big text/icons is with a "true" 1080p skin then without. I for one like to have smaller text on my tv at 1080p then a upscaled 720p resolution gives.

Still lots to do, but I have managed to decide on a name, "Essence".

n4orcer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2008
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: Essence-1080p - Progress Updated!

First post updated with progress and new screenshots! What do you all think?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Re: Essence-1080p - Progress Updated!

Starting to look good. Very clean. ATM, there is not much besides the fanart, so more screenshots are welcome ;-)

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Essence-1080p - Progress Updated!

looks good, i like transparence but i think the listview is very small.

I have a 46" LCD TV and from long Distance is this very hard to read i think?

n4orcer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2008
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: Essence-1080p - Progress Updated!

Starting to look good. Very clean. ATM, there is not much besides the fanart, so more screenshots are welcome ;-)

Thanks! :)

Yeah, it's a little too clean. I'm going to add RSS/Weather to it today or tomorrow and see how that looks. Is it possible to add weather information to the myhome screen? The test's I have done so far it only worked on the basichome screen for some reason. - Updated to latest Beta of Infoservice, now working! :)

looks good, i like transparence but i think the listview is very small.

I have a 46" LCD TV and from long Distance is this very hard to read i think?

Cheers, all feedback is welcome. It's still a long way untill it's usable but it's slowly getting there.

Yeah, it might be a little to small. I have not yet tested it on my 42" TV, but I will probably increase the size of the text a bit. I will try tomorrow and see how it looks.

First post updated with new myhome elements. Not that sure of the location of the RSS yet though, will probably lower it a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom