EventGhostPlus (1 Viewer)

Junkmail

Portal Member
April 1, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Genius!
When I did a search for the xml it only found the one in program files... Relatively new os and hadn't enabled the hidden files and folders:whistle:
However, it still doesn't work!
I haven't been able to look at it closer, is there a way to get the window changes into the debug log? to see if there is a call from the user and a change to a new window?

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess your referring to the mp log? sorry don't know... DaBIGOne might tell... Do you have debug set in mp?
    You might as well start up eg in debug mode. don't know if it's any good...

Junkmail

Portal Member
    April 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    *fixed - the problem was my xml became corrupt/self conflicting. Copying and pasting your code didn't work. Instead I reverted to an original xml and used the mapping section of EG+ to change some of the existing buttons to a window (music files). I then went into wordpad and changed the 501 (I think) to the tv series and to the moving pictures codes.

So now that it's working... is there a way to get the other views in TV or in movies assigned to a button? ie sort by most recent for tv?

btw, thanks so much for the help Luca!

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice! That's how I did it in the first place.
    Sorry, don't know about the other views. I had a look at Keys and Sounds in MP config but couldn't find any control for the views... Maybe someone else knows?

Talguy

October 21, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a feature request. Would it be possible to detect when a placeshift happens. I would like this feature so I can display a message on the original client stating the stream moved to the other client.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The EventGhost plugin you are linking to is to control a Yamaha receiver over network, pretty sweet.
    You need an EventGhost server (could be your HTPC, but at least EventGhost needs to run locally on a machine that's wired to the network)
    You need to configure y[our receiver so that it has an IP address.
    You install the plugin in EventGhost (nothing more than stopping Eventghost en copy the files in the plugins directory, and then restart eventghost again).
    You need to set the IP address in the plugin, for this plugin you need to edit RXV867.py, not the most user-friendly way, but I guess it will work.
    (Be very carefull that you don't use TAB anywhere in the .py document or else you'll get indentation errors)
    Then you can send commands with this plugin to your receiver, and as I saw it quickly in the source, you could also get status info from your receiver.

You can use my EventGhostPlus MediaPortal plugin to link an event (for instance pause video) to an action on your receiver (for instance mute) (wouldn't know why you would want to do that but it's an option).
    if you want to press a certain button on your remote and link that to an action on your receiver you need a device to read the IR (IR receiver) and it has to be compatible with EventGhost, so it will generate events every time you press a button on your remote. These events you can link to an control-action for your receiver.

If you use your HTPC as a server this way, you cannot control your receiver when the HTPC is switched off, this may be a problem.
    I personally have solved this by placing a server (24 hours on) on another room, extend the USB to my audio-cabinet and connect a IR Transceiver there.
    with this setup I can control any device with IR remote or send IR Signals to my devices from the server (and send events from my tablet/mobile phone to my server, wich then controls devices/computers/lights/sunscreens (whatever).
    OK, gave this a go.
    No need to edit .py or enter IP - all is automagic :).

Problem is that VOL+ / VOL- only generates system.volume.[value] events. Dragging these into macros, leaves system.volume w/o possibility to set up/down.... Hence I can't route up and down. If there was a mediaportal.volume.up / mediaportal.volume.down I could just map these events (or even a system.volume.up / system.volume.down).

What am I missing?:confused:

(EDIT: Other actions inside MP are logged correctly in EventGhost server, so plugin etc seems to be correctly configured).

Last edited:

Clyde

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2010
    OWL
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear DaBIGOne ,
    this plugin is one of my favorites plugins for my mediaportal. now i have tried the update "v 1.1.3.0 - Bug fixed: error on resume from standby. ".
    But the plugin didn't work after the update. In the Mediaportal Configuration i can't seen the plugin.
    I tried the downgrade to the previous version. After that all is running. It seems there is a bug in the new Version. I use MP V1.5.

thanks Clyde

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Clyde,

Seems you aren't using the lastest. Last update was done yesterday (v1.1.3.3) so it installs on the upcoming 1.6 Pre Release.
    MediaPortal 1.4 support was added in v1.1.3.1:
    v 1.1.3.3 - Support for MediaPortal 1.6 Pre Release
    v 1.1.3.2 - Window.Minimize, Window.Maximize and Window.Restore events are now created.
    v 1.1.3.1 - Support for MediaPortal 1.4.0
    Try updating the plugin, it has always worked for me on previous versions.

DaBIGOne

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Problem is that VOL+ / VOL- only generates system.volume.[value] events. Dragging these into macros, leaves system.volume w/o possibility to set up/down.... Hence I can't route up and down. If there was a mediaportal.volume.up / mediaportal.volume.down I could just map these events (or even a system.volume.up / system.volume.down).

What am I missing?:confused:

(EDIT: Other actions inside MP are logged correctly in EventGhost server, so plugin etc seems to be correctly configured).

It seems to me you have to get freaky in Eventghost by keeping track of the volume.
    You need to make a variable wherein you keep the last value of system.volume.xx and compare it with a new event.
    If it's higher it was volume up, if it was lower it was volume down.

You can create variable in Eventghost by using python command: eg.globals.variablename = [value]
    Where it says [value] take a value that's never a real value so you can check if your variable is not set by the volume control yet.
    something like 1000 or something if the value goes from 0-100.

Let's say at start of eventghost you set your variable:
    Code:
    eg.globals.volumelevel = 1000

You can create a simple python script and let it trigger by system.volume.value to determine if it was volume up or down:
    you need the value clean of your event, maybe you can do that with eg.event.suffix, maybe you have to use some other string operand to get that, you'll have to find that out a bit (google is your friend). For now I assume that eg.event.suffix will get you the right info. (mind the indentations, very important in python)

Code:
    if !(eg.globals.volumelevel = 1000):  #check if the volume level was set before.
        if (eg.globals.volumelevel > eg.event.suffix): #Volume down?
              eg.TriggerEvent("system.volume.down") #Trigger a new event for volume down
        if (eg.globals.volumelevel < eg.event.suffix): #Volume up?
              eg.TriggerEvent("system.volume.up") #Trigger a new event for volume up
    eg.globals.volumelevel = eg.event.suffix #Change the "remembered" volumelevel so you can check it at the next event.

hope I pointed you a the right direction.

Da BIG One.[DOUBLEPOST=1384117336][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Dear DaBIGOne ,
    this plugin is one of my favorites plugins for my mediaportal. now i have tried the update "v 1.1.3.0 - Bug fixed: error on resume from standby. ".
    But the plugin didn't work after the update. In the Mediaportal Configuration i can't seen the plugin.
    I tried the downgrade to the previous version. After that all is running. It seems there is a bug in the new Version. I use MP V1.5.

thanks Clyde

I found that the latest version doesn't work under older version Media Portal, so I have to check that, for now you can work around by reverting back to 1.1.3.2 (you can also extract the DLL from the mpe1 and overwrite the EventGhost.dll in C:\Program Files(x86)\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\plugins\process)
    You can download the 1.1.3.2 version EventGhost.dll here

I'll try to find a fix as soon as I find time for it.

Last edited:

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Looks like the latest version doesn't work with MP 1.5. And what do you think about writing the currently installed version number somewhere in Configuration so that I know which one I got installed? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom