EventGhostPlus (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Looks like the latest version doesn't work with MP 1.5. And what do you think about writing the currently installed version number somewhere in Configuration so that I know which one I got installed? :)
    v1.1.3.3 is compiled against 1.5.100 (because of the .NET 4 switch), so it will only run on 1.6 Pre Release++

Version number can be found on .dll Properties > Details
    and in the logs > 14-11-2013 19:24:11[Info] Starting EventGhostPlus version 1.1.3.3 ;)

K405

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all,

I'm trying to set my Onkyo to all stereo listening mode when I enter music in MePo but EventGhost can't distinguish between music/series/movies it's all one generic event Main.MediaPortal.Window.Activate although it has extra info in the logs.

IIq9OdF.jpg

Please help :)

Illuminator

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    when you start music playing there will be an event
    Main.MediaPortal.Music.Play(...)

This is what I use for my AVR...

K405

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    music playing there will be an event
    Main.MediaPortal.Music.Play(...)

Hi Illuminator,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that's what I have tried and it works but my AVR shows an OSD message on my TV every time a mode or control is set. It's not very elegant imo.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I recall i did set something up for detecting if Music was running or not, for a similar action. Never made any use of it, but it should work, so worth a try:
    1. Add a Python Command to Autostart (bottom) with statement: eg.globals.ListeningMusic = False
    2. Add a folder. I've named it 'ListeningMusic Variable'
    3. Add the Macros and Python Commands as shown on the screenshot below:
    ListenMusicVariable.PNG

Now you can move the events to it (as shown above), and when you start Radio or Music, EventGhost shows:
    VariableOutput.PNG

K405

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi HomeY,

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure what your method gains over using the already available Main.MediaPortal.Music.Play and Main.MediaPortal.Stop.Music in my case. I will still have an OSD message from my AVR saying it switched to AllChannelStereo every time I start to play a song which is what I want to avoid.

I guess I need to do it the other way around. Let Eventghost mediaportal plugin control MePo so listening mode is set when I enter Music same goes for Movies/TV/Series/whatever.

ZTnZXCq.jpg

Pretty cool if it would all work flawlessly. :)

wawa79

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Niort
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,

This plugin gives me endless ideas to extend possible interactions of MP with HomeSeer-based automation system. Catching MP messages in EG allows HomeSeer to know what I am doing in MP and sending messages from EG to MP allows visual notification from HomeSeer when MP is On.

But I have an issue with the Mediaportal Message Sender: when the message contains characters such as é è ô, they are replaced by ? in the message popup in Mediaportal. I suppose it is a character-set issue.
    My search for a work-around with a Python script ( mystring.encode('????') or mystring.decode('????') or escaping the string sequence was unsuccessful! I just managed to freeze MP with my tests.

Could you help me to fix the issue?

By the way, i also wrote a simple macro in Eventghost to dismiss any displaying popup message in MP when a second message is received (basically it sends an "OK" command when a popup is already displayed).
    Because HomeSeer notifies me for various events (such as garage doors opening/opened/closed), dismissing previous popup is really useful to avoid popup accumulation in MP
    The macro works fine but could be replaced by an additional parameter to force popup replacement or not: idea for your next release!

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <EventGhost Version="1582">
        <Folder Name="MP messaging" Expanded="True">
            <Macro Name="not displaying message" Expanded="True">
                <Event Name="TCP.MediaPortal.Message.Closed" />
                <Action>
                    EventGhost.DisableItem(XmlIdLink(52))
                </Action>
            </Macro>
            <Macro Name="displaying message">
                <Event Name="TCP.MediaPortal.Message.Displaying" />
                <Action>
                    EventGhost.EnableItem(XmlIdLink(52))
                </Action>
            </Macro>
            <Macro Name="Send message to MP" id="49" Expanded="True">
                <Event Name="Main.HomeSeer.MPMessage" />
                <Action Name="Dismiss existing message" id="52" Enabled="False">
                    MPMessageSender.SendRemoteButton(u'Ok')
                </Action>
                <Action>
                    MPMessageSender.SendMessage(u'EventGhostPlus Message', u'This message overrides previously displayed message', u'', 60, u'')
                </Action>
            </Macro>
        </Folder>
    </EventGhost>

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    By the way, i also wrote a simple macro in Eventghost to dismiss any displaying popup message in MP when a second message is received (basically it sends an "OK" command when a popup is already displayed).
    Because HomeSeer notifies me for various events (such as garage doors opening/opened/closed), dismissing previous popup is really useful to avoid popup accumulation in MP
    The macro works fine but could be replaced by an additional parameter to force popup replacement or not: idea for your next release!
    The plugin has a build-in queue system for messages, since the idea was not to miss anything when a message is on screen. Maybe it's possible to enable/disable this queue system with a checkbox, which would fix your problem.
    @DaBIGOne any ideas? ;)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    question :
    this plugins can added the minidisplay support, for send info from MediaPortal to External display ???

MP -> EventghostPlus -> EventGhost -> Display Plugin -> Hardware device
    i don't know, if the best is to create a new Minidisplay device, called EventGhost or added in your own plugin.

Cpoc

Portal Member
    January 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hello I'm coming from IRSS and trying to get eventghost working with usbuirt. Its a clean install in a new server. My old setup was with IRSS and usbuirt and it worked great but IRSS could only support 1 usbuirt and eventghost can support 2 or more usbuirt by renameing the usbuirts. The problem is with IRSS I could assign which card to use with the port number of the usbuirt. So lets say I have 3 capture cards and set card 1 to use port 1 card card 2 to use port 2 and card 3 to use external port 3. In eventghost I have no idea how to set this up. Can this even be done. I know in eventghost you can select which port to use but how do you assign the port of the usbuirt to the card you want to use in mediaportal. I am lost please help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom