EventGhostPlus (1 Viewer)

tbrg78

Portal Member
October 9, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi DaBigOne, i need to correct myself: The eventtrigger does fire for music / tv / radio as well, i just tried - i somehow did not recognize these events before - so i guess your plugin will do the same.. ?!

Some dedicated idle/non-idle event would make life a bit easier regarding the configuration within eventghost though. Some kind of "non-idle" event could come in handy, if someone searches the menus for several hours, unable to decide what file to hear / play. So the users activity within MP, even if no media is played back, could be used to prevent a standby. I guess a simple "window switch" event out of MP could do the trick ?

There are people here, having the opinion that MP is not meant for running on a workstation with energy saving options enabled. I simply disagree, because that would end in another computer running, while a server and a workstation are already powered up (at least in my environment) - i guess that's an unnessecary load on many other peoples energy and/or equipment budget as well.

No need for excuses.. your plugin is quite fresh and as i am a developer myself, that is how software evolves!.. o)

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm glad you guys like it.
    :) You can be sure about that....

I will look into events when changing MP screens, but as far as I can see now is the mapping of a button dependent on what screens MediaPortal makes available to the plugin/mapping (can't see the option for MovingPictures or TVSeries in any remote), so that is out of my hands I think. I will check it to make sure though.
    Ok, thanks for looking into this! Telling eg about window changes would be really nice.
    I will search for the place to let the devs know about the outdated plugin/mapping list...
    Can you tell me in the meantime where EventGhostPlus stores the mappings xml? Is it like in message plugin?

DaBIGOne

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you tell me in the meantime where EventGhostPlus stores the mappings xml? Is it like in message plugin?

I sure can, at this moment the EventGhostPlus.xml is located in Mediaportal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings, and it's exactly the same as it was with MessagePlugin.
    In fact it's an exact copy, I just renamed it to EventGhostPlus.xml so I can make my own changes in the future.

DaBIGOne

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Right....
    I have developed it with version 1.3.0 alpha so I must be using something that's not supported in 1.2.3.
    I'll create another virtual machine and install 1.2.3 on there to test it.
    Hope to get a fix for you guys soon.

DaBIGOne

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MP 1.2.3 users please check out version 1.0.3.0 it's now in repository. I think I've fixed the issue.
    I think the problem occurs when the automatic iso mounter is not configured/installed.

I've found out that the error came from getting info about a mounted disk, it seems that the method I'm using is not supported in 1.2.3. I've managed to fix the error, but there is no genre info about the mounted disks in 1.2.3.

There is no support for getting the genre of disc-mounted videos in 1.2.3 of MP.
    This function is available in version 1.3.0 of MP.
    You can use the plugin on both versions though, you'll only get a warning in the log file with 1.2.3 of MP.

Last edited:

tbrg78

Portal Member
    October 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It seems to be working now, at least I can open the configuration of EG+ now.. o)
    Thank you!

The MessagePlugin's purpose is to receive events from EventGhost only ?! I would have thought, it's for general handling of messages coming from other applications as well, but i might be wrong.. o)

DaBIGOne

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's only listening for specific messages, if you somehow replicate that message with another program that will work too.
    In EventGhost there is the MediaPortal plugin that sends these messages, you can look at the python source and see the messages you need to send to get the desired result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom