EventGhostPlus (1 Viewer)

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :) Like to see that already working on your machine...

Last edited:

tbrg78

Portal Member
    October 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, as nothing stopped working without these "X10Receiver" entries, I'll just go without them.. o)
    Yeah, cool! I will use these events to reset the idle timer of windows. I don't know how exactly i'm going to do this, but there will be some solution. The events are the most important part to realize this.. o)
    As i'm playing around with MP and idle-status', i came across the built in screenblanker of MP, would it be possible to get an event if that kicks in too ?! My displays are connected to rf-controlled power-plugs. If the screenblanker of MP kicks in, there was no user activity for sure and so i could just switch the display MP is currently running on, off.. o) Or I could shutdown my projector automatically, it is currently connected via serial as well, and its power-status is switchable with some simple commands over this interface.. o)
    Thanks, regardless of what is still about to come.. o)) Great stuff so far!.. o)

DaBIGOne

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well I have been thinking about the blank-screen option you just mentioned when you told me you wanted idle and unidle info.
    I could not find a way to detect if screen-saving is running or not, and it's also not a window that is being called.

I didn't think it was such an issue in MP though, I've seen a plugin to prevent the computer going into powersaving, it's called PowerScheduler++ (click).
    Maybe that will help you out.

Last edited:

DaBIGOne

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    New version in repository 1.0.4.1.
    Added feature: window change events, selectable in configuration.
    Bugfix multiple EventGhost processes with UAC enabled (I hope).
    minor changes in configuration menu.

Last edited:

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great stuff DaBIGOne. It seems you fixed the multiple Eventghost process issue which we had in eventTrigger for years :D
    This means that it's also possible to open MediaPortal Configuration with EventGhost closed. Thanks!

DaBIGOne

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    New release (v1.1.0.0):
    Lot's of extra's :)
    - The passwords are encrypted when stored (also in memory).
    - Event sending over network is quicker and now EventGhost is not needed to send events it's all handled by the plugin itself.
    - Receiving events over network (also local if you set host to 127.0.0.1) with the newly created Mediaportal Message Sender Plugin for EventGhost.

Important:
    When you update you need to run the config and set a password at Event receiving otherwise you'll be getting a lot of errors in error.log

How to set up receiving messages:
    In the Plugin Configuration you set a port and a password for receiving events, it's very important that that port is different from what you configured in your local EventGhost Network Message Receiver plugin.
    Some people have had problems with port 1025, it would be better to use port 1023, of course you can always use another port that you see fit.
    EG%2BConfig.png

When you have set this up extract the MediaPortalMessageSender.zip in the EventGhost\plugin folder
    Now when you add a plugin in EventGhost you'll see MediaPortalMessageSender there to select, do so.
    EGPlugin.png

The configuration will popup and you have to enter the name or IP-adres of the HTPC, the password and port you entered in the EventGhostPlus configuration at the "Event receiving" section.
    MessageSenderconfig.png

Now create an action or macro and select the MediaPortalMessageSender -> SendMessage action.
    SendMessage.png

You can customize the message and the timeout period in the display.
    If you trigger this events on events with a payload you can also use {eg.event.payload[0]} for any line you like.
    Where there is 0 you need to enter the number of the payload you want to send to MediaPortal, event payloads start with 0.
    Be carefull though, EventGhost wil generate errors when you use payload with an event without payload, for testing you should always enter something by hand.

And if all is succesfull you'll get the message in Mediaportal.
    MePoMessage.png

Last edited:

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Awesome! Have been waiting for these features for a long time!
    Thank you very much!!!

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again DaBIGOne,

did some quick testing. It's working great!

There were some hiccups though. At first the message sender wouldn't work for me. All settings were fine and I tried to open the port in the firewall even for udp, but it didn't make a difference. I always would get "Sender failed". I had to change the port to some other number I was sure it was not used. Maybe 1025 has yet something running on it on my sys but it is nothing I am aware of...

Second prob was that in one test triggered from the outiside (growl) I forgot to disable my test makro. So the real one and the test were fired up right after each other. The first one worked great, forwarded the payload and the message in mp appeared. But the second one got the same error message as before "Sender failed". This might be kind of expected as the message window from the first one was still on (I assume there is no queue in mp for the messages?) . But after all that the message sender didn't work at all, I always got the failed messag in eg log. I had to restart mp to get it to work again.

I am sorry at this late hour I didn't produce clean logs and screenshots. If I can help you with that please just say so, I will reproduce then...

Thanks again for your great work!

Luca

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom