EventGhostPlus (1 Viewer)

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
October 22, 2009
Eupen
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Attached is a new verison based off the latest version in repo (1.1.3.1), changed the following:

- Made compatible with Mediaportal 1.16 (same as version by @HomeY )
- Code cleanup and formatting
- Reconnect support for receiver if network connection drops or resuming from standby
- Improved error handling, not perfect but will try to recover in some cases if possible
- Startup locks to prevent starting more than once during Init()

Will try to maintain this one for the time being and repo of fork can be found here:

https://github.com/RickDB/EventGhostPlus/commits/master

Hi @Rick164, it seems that your link is'nt working anymore. Could you please reupload the file?

Thanks in advance

Django

Sorry, now it works.....

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Rick

Ive just installed your version over the last Madvr test and seems it doesn't start.
    I have it active but no event send. In log there is no indication the plug in is active.

Do you know what can it be?
    Is incompatible with the sebasstii port?

here logs
    Thanks

Have it running here with latest version by Seb but should be compatible with all, would open MP configuration and see if it lists it there.
    Best to post Configurationlog and Configuration-error.log afterwards, could be install error but MPEI should have reported it during that.

BioEgo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Have it running here with latest version by Seb but should be compatible with all, would open MP configuration and see if it lists it there.
    Best to post Configurationlog and Configuration-error.log afterwards, could be install error but MPEI should have reported it during that.
    Hi,
    I have the same issue as @alexdepalma on 1.16pre. No events are sent to Eventghost (local installation).
    One thing I noticed is that when I installed the plugin from the mpe1 file it didn't overwrite the old one in MP Configuration (I had both versions listed, one as incompatible the other as available).
    I removed both and reinstalled v1.1.4.0, but still no messages sent.
    The plugin is properly listed in config.

Here is Configuration.log (Configuration-error.log is empty) and MediaPortal.log (error log was empty here too).

Any idea?
    Thanks

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    One thing I noticed is that when I installed the plugin from the mpe1 file it didn't overwrite the old one in MP Configuration (I had both versions listed, one as incompatible the other as available).
    I removed both and reinstalled v1.1.4.0, but still no messages sent.

Same happened to me

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

yes its listed in MP config and files are locally avail.
    Curious the install problem with both versions (old as incompatible) and new at the same time. Old was deinstalled.

Only 3 files installed. (see image)

here logs

Thanks @Rick164 !

Attachments

• install.png
      install.png
      253 KB

Peterle123

March 17, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem is, that EventGhostPlus.dll get's installed to ../Plugins/Windows/ with version 1.1.4.0 (see attached pictures)
    In version 1.1.3.3 EventGhostPlus.dll get's installed to ../Plugins/process/
    I manually copied the 1.1.4.0 EventGhostPlus.dll from ../Plugins/Windows/ to ../Plugins/process/ and it works perfect.

Attachments

• 1.1.3.3.PNG
      1.1.3.3.PNG
      138.8 KB
    • 1.1.4.0.PNG
      1.1.4.0.PNG
      129.4 KB

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Bubbleman

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello everyone,

I have a WMC remote and have got all the buttons working with event ghost and the eventghost plus plug in (so much better than IRSS...Please keep this plug in up to date I don't know what I would do if it stops working). There are 2 macros that I am not sure I understand in Eventghost put in when I installed the mediaportal plugin. There are 2 power states (power 1 and power 2). The power 2 seems to put the computer into suspend mode which is great. Is the power 1 for waking up the computer?

And there there are 2 other macros that are called OemGate and Oem8. What are these for?

Thanks

-S

I have the same question. Any answear?

THX

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom