EventGhostPlus (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Which Red Button do you mean. The record button? The Harmony One is a remote that is capable of emulating a lot of different remotes and can put together different button presses into a series (marco). Also which plugin are you using for your iMON receiver?

Right now, eventghost is handling the IR signals that are coming in to your iMON receiver. That IR signal needs to be linked with a an action within mediaportal. This is what eventghost is doing. I think that it is a little more complicated than just ticking the General HID button in the configuration but I could be wrong. So 1) mediaportal needs to be able to listen to your iMON receiver (which it might do but this is what eventghost is doing) and 2) it needs to know what to do with the ir signal (map the ir inputs) and 3) the signal that your harmony one is sending isn't a "Harmony" specific signal it is likely a iMON or WMC signal.

I know that this does not help a lot but hopefully it will help get you to where you want to go.

Baserunner

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I try it different ... I configured my Harmony One to send an "H" when I press a certain button. With an Eventghost active, Eventghost captures the command and sends the "H", or whatever I configure to Mediaportal (at least at my configuration - maybe that is wrong ...) Without running Eventghost, it seems that the "H" is interpreted by Mediaportal directly because I see that it Switches to the Main Menu ... My question concerns the correct configuration ... I do not understand why Mediaportal does not receive two times the "H" - the first time directly because my Harmony One sends it, the second time by Eventghost. Sorry, I am not able to raise my question clearer as I do not understand how the interaction between Mediaportal, my remote and Eventghost exactly works.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think that some devices cannot be used in two programs simultaneously. Perhaps EventGhost takes control over the remote and doesn't let MediaPortal receive the same button press again. Behavior may differ depending on the device.

Baserunner

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What do you mean? Where can I see? Thought it is configured as HID but cannot find it in the device manager

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    When you set up your harmony one remote you should have to add devices to it with your computer. You tell it what type of TV or CD player you want to control with it. These are listed under the Device Tab.

This is NOT within Media portal.

So which devices have you added to your Harmony One remote?

I have included a screen shot to jog your memory.

harmony_one_sw.jpg

Baserunner

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use the IMON plugin and the Mediaportal plugin.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Sorry for the delay. So unless mediaportal can interface directly with IMON receiver, you will have to have eventghost as the intermediary. You can search the forums and there maybe other ways to get the iMON receiver to work with out eventghost. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom