EventGhostPlus (1 Viewer)

leini_MP

Portal Member
June 13, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello guys,

it is great that now with the WIN 7 64bit I am again able to control MP with the Harmony again with AEOne Hardware and Eventghost and your software - after having massive problems with IgorUSB ...

Now I am nearly complete satisfied BUT :) I cannot convince the "X" command to be accepted by MP. When I for example open notepad I can see that the "X" is sent and written. But when MP is in focus it doesn't listen to the "X" from the remote (it does when I plug in my keyboard and stroke the "X")

I have activated the mediaportal plugin and the MS remote plugin in Eventghost.

Does anybody know how to convince MP to react to these manually added Keys?

Thank you very much for your help!

leini_MP

Attachments

• Eventghost.jpg
    Eventghost.jpg
    49.4 KB

Boddah

March 15, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi, sorry if my question seems silly, but I'm new to MP and can't work out where to extract the files within the "EventghostPlus_1.1.1.0.zip" file from the download page. Is anyone able to point me to the right locations? Thanks.

leini_MP

Portal Member
June 13, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Boddah,

funny, I had the same problem for one complete day, but now I can help you:

Just change the filetype from zip to mpe1, then the doubleclick on it should start the autoinstall ...

Boddah

March 15, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Thanks for the info guys, for some reason IE saved it as a .zip, but I just tried on my main PC which I use Firefox and it came up as a .mpe1. Anyway, all good, I can finish configuring MP this weekend now :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Indeed, IE (9 & 10) seem to download the attachment as .zip somehow. Not sure if the team can do something about it or if it's browser related, but we're looking into it.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It is fixed now. If you try again using Internet Explorer it should save as .mpe1 :)

DaBIGOne

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks it works. I was initially using the "test" button and it was giving me an error but it works when the action is received live (I thought it would use the last known payload).
    Unfortunately not, but that would be a nice improvement, since testing stuff with payloads results in EG errors.

@DaBIGOne would anything like this be possible? use the last known payload when testing payload options?

I don't think it's possible to test payloads without a payload, EventGhost does not support this.
    Best way to test is to create a macro where a payload is sent with the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom