kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    That's a good question.
    Edit:
    You can also use a IR transmitter on the server and send IR signals to your Set Top Box.
    Pick up IR transmits from the HTPC send events for each keypress to the server with EventGhost and then transmit the IR codes with a IR transmitter on your server.
    Plugin is still not needed :)

Thanks for your help.
    Is this using the "Network event Sender/Receiver" plugin in EventGhost ?

Edit:
    WOw great, I'll test this week and post back my result.

Thanks 1000x times

Last edited:

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi DaBIGOne,

thanks for your latest release, I've been using it for some time now and its great, a lot of possibilities...
    One thing would be nice:
    Could you please change the window option so that the window id is included in the string? would be nicer to configure eg so actions react to different windows....
    Sure in the payload is fine but maybe you could make it configurable?

Thanks for considering
    Luca

DaBIGOne

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Luca,

You can convert the event in EG itself by creating a macro with a Python command and entering this line: "eg.TriggerEvent(eg.event.payload[0], prefix = eg.event.suffix)" and then you add the TCP.MediaPortal.Windows.Activate (or Main if you use local) to the macro.
    You will get a new event created: MediaPortal.Window.Activate.35 (for Basic home) you can use that event to trigger what you want in EventGhost for only Basic Home.

Good luck !

Last edited:

DaBIGOne

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If the remote keypresses can be detected by EventGhost you can do just about anything.

I think EventGhostPlus in combination with EventGhost you can do the same as you did in IRSS (I don't have any experience with IRSS though).
    You can create a macro that does the keypresses you want done in EventGhost and just add the trigger to that macro.

Maybe we can talk about it in the #EventGhostPlus IRC channel ? That would be easier for asking questions back and forth.

Soxbrother

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks for the reply.

That will have to wait till tomorrow.

I first need to install EventGhost and EventGhostplus.

Greetings,
    Soxbrother

Last edited:

mickelin

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is a great plugin. I'll be replacing eventTrigger and Message plugins with this on all my MP clients and use W7CallerID to show incoming calls, pause video and light up lights while phone call is ongoing. Would it be possible to send an event also on closing the message window, manually and on timeout? That way EG could resume play and dim the lights again automatically when the call is over.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I haven't tried W7CallerID but have EventGhost and MediaPortal setup to resume play and turn off the lights when the call is over as explained in the Home Automation guide. Unfortunately the EventGhost for Android seems to be discontinued :( so I'm looking for something to replace it.

mickelin

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That looks like a great solution, but wouldn't work for me, since we have iPhones, non JB:d at that. W7CallerID uses Bluetooth to connect the phone, not WiFi, so it works on both iOS and Android, but of course only within Bluetooth range. Other issue is that it doesn't detect the call ending (yet, I have asked the dev to implement it), so my workaround will be to try and detect the message window closing. Maybe the Task plugin in EG will suffice. Also, W7CallerID is not open source, but the price is reasonable $20. And it can be used also for the fixed line with a CID capable modem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom