EventGhostPlus (2 Viewers)

DaBIGOne

Portal Pro
January 16, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
logo_small.png

EventGhostPlus is an all purpose plugin for transmitting and receiving events from EventGhost.
This plugin is based on Eventtrigger (by Moryoav) and MessagePlugin (by and-81, Dragy).
Local EventGhost installation is required.
Implemented features:

Sending Events
Sending events to either local or remote EventGhost installation. Events include: play, pause, resume, stop, end. Also is transmitted Long or Short for a long or short video, you can decide how long a short video is by entering a maximum video length in settings.
As payload is transmitted: The filename and the genre of the file playing for all media (only with the play event).
No EventGhost configuration is required for use of this feature.
If you use the network sending option you don't even need EventGhost installed locally (from v 1.1.0.0 and later)

Virtual remote
Receiving commands to operate MediaPortal from the EventGhost MediaPortal plugin.
EventGhost configuration is required for use of this feature.

Receiving events
It's possible to send customized messages from EventGhost to EventGhostPlus plugin.

EventGhost Plugin
With the MediaPortal Message Sender plugin (MediaPortalMessageSender.zip) for EventGhost you can send customized messages from EventGhost to the EventGhostPlus MediaPortal plugin.

Download from the repository.

Source code available here.

For more information and how to use/configure the plugin and EventGhost read the EventGhostPlus Wiki ceated by Vuego.

Any suggestions for extra features for this plugin are welcome.

Support
You can post your questions here but you could also try the #EventGhostPlus IRC channel on freenode for direct support.

Note: 1.3Beta users will get a Dependency warning on install. Just ignore this for now, the plugin will install as usual. The next update will include a fix for this warning.

Changelog:
v 1.1.3.5 - Bugfix payload not sent as Unicode.
v 1.1.3.4 - Support for MediaPortal 1.7 Pre Release, do not use for MediaPortal 1.5 or below, use 1.1.3.2 instead.
v 1.1.3.3 - Support for MediaPortal 1.6 Pre Release, do not use for MediaPortal 1.5 or below, use 1.1.3.2 instead.
v 1.1.3.2 - Window.Minimize, Window.Maximize and Window.Restore events are now created.
v 1.1.3.1 - Support for MediaPortal 1.4.0
- Video aspect ratio is sent with play event
- Small bug with "" around the payload resolved, you may have to change your events in EventGhost.
v 1.1.3.0 - Bug fixed: error on resume from standby.
- Added feature: Events on standby and resume.
- Added feature: Send remote control buttons from the server directly to EventGhostPlus (EventGhost MediaPortalMessageSender plugin v 1.02 required).
v 1.1.2.0 - Event triggers on displaying and closing messages sent with MediaPorta Message Sender.
- Support for MediaPortal 1.3.0.0.
- Minor bugs fixed.
v 1.1.1.0 - Custom image with messages.
- Message Queue.
- Log verbosity can be set to Debug mode.
- Minor changes to Configuration.
- Minor bug fix.
- EventGhostMessageSender updated to v 1.01 - When updating you need to open and save every "Send Message" action you have created.
v 1.1.0.0 - Passwords stored encrypted
- Different way of sending events over network (much faster now)
- Event Reveiver, send Messages to the EventGhostPlus plugin using the MediaPortal Message Sender
See this post on how to set it up
v 1.0.4.1 changed file version display in file properties.
v 1.0.4.0 Added feature: window change events, selectable in configuration, minor bugs fixed.
v 1.0.3.0 bugfix when starting configuration on version MP 1.2.3, mounted discs genre info only working on MP 1.3.x. Errors logged in EventGhostPlus.log
v 1.0.2.0 bugfix when starting configuration when Movingpictures or TVSeries not installed.
v 1.0.1.0 Added feature: filename and genre in payload
v 1.0.0.0 initial release

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great idea! Combining forces into 1 plugin sounds wonderful ;)
    Really curious were this is gonna lead.

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Wow why haven't I thought of this. I have both plugins installed :)
    Will try ASAP. Thanks!

Last edited:

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is great! Having both plugins in one and additionally in one dev's hand is a big improvement. Thanks!
    Any chance you will extend that with events for entering windows in mp? An updated list of the currently available windows/plugins in the remote mapping would also be very nice (for mapping movpic/tvseries to remote buttons).... You could have a look at wolpowermanager which handles actions (wol or calling batch) on entering windows.

screen_mmigstation_2012-10-30_ 001.pngscreen_mmigstation_2012-10-30_ 000.png

DaBIGOne

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm glad you guys like it.
    I will look into events when changing MP screens, but as far as I can see now is the mapping of a button dependent on what screens MediaPortal makes available to the plugin/mapping (can't see the option for MovingPictures or TVSeries in any remote), so that is out of my hands I think. I will check it to make sure though.

Last edited:

tbrg78

Portal Member
    October 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all.. o)

I've been tinkering with MP a few weeks now, and found that that eventtrigger / eventghost plugin recently. That mediacenter / event handling stuff is very addictive.. o) What I'm after is some kind of "idle" detector for MP. MP itself is unable to stop my computer from going into standby or from stopping it from blanking my screens. So the eventtrigger plugin came handy, you just bind the start/stop MP events to the System/Poweroptions eventghost-plugin and whenever MP is running, the system won't go to sleep.

So does this new plugin improve on this and provide events on playing/stopping mp3-music or a radio stream or even some kind of trigger when I use MP to watch tv ?! The former event-trigger just provided events for playing video files / movies.

My further goal is to detect "idleness" in MP, so whenever no music/movie is playing the system will be allowed to enter standby, even the MP process is still running. Would be great if an "MediaPortal.Idle" / "MediaPortal.Busy" event could be fired.. o)

Anyway, a big thank you for all your efforts and the plugin!

tbrg78

Portal Member
    October 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would try myself, but for MP v1.2.3 i get this error, when entering the plugins section in the config:

Attachments

• Clipboard Image (1).png
      Clipboard Image (1).png
      5.6 KB

DaBIGOne

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's an interresting question, tbrg78.
    I'm actually think you don't need MediaPortal idle info, have you tried the "Process watcher" plugin for EventGhost?
    That one gives System.Idle and System.Unidle events in Eventhost, I think it will not fire an Idle event when MediaPortal is used, but you need to test that for youself.
    You can however detect when the pluing is started and stopped maybe that will help you for now, EventGhostPlus will fire a MediaPortal.plugin.start when starting and Mediaportal.plugin.stop when stopping, but I don't think that is wat you are looking for.

EventGhostPlus can be used to replace both eventtrigger and messageplugin and will provide extra information about playing file and genre (also for music).

Also I don't think EventGhostPlus will fire events when watching TV or listening to the radio, I don't use those functions myself so I havn't tested it but I will look into that.[DOUBLEPOST=1351603592][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I would try myself, but for MP v1.2.3 i get this error, when entering the plugins section in the config:

I will look into that too, I'm still in the testing phase, good to know when it's going wrong, can't test everything myself.
    Sorry it's not working for you at the moment.[DOUBLEPOST=1351604170][/DOUBLEPOST]Never mind what I said about system.idle and system.unidle, I just tried it and that won't work just triggers an idle when music was playing, so that's no option for you.
    I'll see if I can find anything to trigger a MediaPortal.idle event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom