eventTrigger [v1.3.5 Beta] (1 Viewer)

Snedig

Portal Member
July 1, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
It seems to, yes, I tried quite a few reboots of MP with no crash with eT disabled. However, my MP is extremely far from a vanilla install, so it might be a strange constellation of something that is giving me trouble.

GJC

Portal Pro
March 10, 2012
Home Country
Canada Canada
I think that feature support for this plugin has finished.

I need to add an event that will be fired whenever I change the channel in MP to control a remote box. It should be a simple change, but I can't find any source code for the plugin to add the feature myself. Does anyone know where it is?

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have the source code of an older version, when it was still named eventGhostTrigger.

Attachments

• eventGhostTrigger.zip
    57 KB

GJC

Portal Pro
March 10, 2012
Home Country
Canada Canada
Thanks Dragy, that will give me a great start. I went on the HTPCSolutions website and asked about the feature and if there was source code that I could access so that I could help out. They indicated that they would certainly 'consider' adding the feature concurrent with the next release of MP. However, I got no response regarding if the code is still "open source" (and I asked the question twice), so it looks like it's no longer open source.

I really want to get this HTPC set up and in production, so I think I'll go ahead and create my own plugin that will supplement EventTrigger for the events that I need. The version of code that you've provided will be a great start. Hopefully I'll only need it for a short while until the "TV channel change" feature is officially added to EventTrigger (if not ever added, I'll make it available to everyone if there's any demand for it). Thanks a million for providing it!

moryoav

Portal Pro
December 2, 2008
Home Country
Israel Israel
Hey all...

I apologize for being absent in the past few months, I was very busy with work, life, etc...
As for your questions, even though I decided not to release the current EventTrigger as open source (to answer GJC question), I still think it would seem silly to split the development of the plugin just for a couple of extra features.
GJC: If you know your way around coding, perhaps we should find a way to do some collaboration. Email me at the HTPCSolutions support email and we'll continue this discussion privately.

At any rate, I intend on releasing a new version one the new MP is out in a couple of weeks.

GJC

Portal Pro
March 10, 2012
Home Country
Canada Canada
Welcome back Moryoav!

I wasn't planning on releasing another plugin to replace EventTrigger, just on developing my own private supplement for missing events. I think that you'll have troubles giving me the necessary channel change events anyway without writing a TV Server plugin. You'll know better as you have more experience with plugin development.

I sat down last night and looked at the sample code in the MP Wiki for a TV Server plugin. The sample code showed me exactly what I needed to do to get at the events that I want, so I wrote my own TV Server plugin last night. It needs refinement (configuration dialog, user "please wait" notifications etc.), but works like a charm. I get a "channel about to change" event that I can block until my antenna has finished turning and a similar "recording about to start" event and "recording finished" event. This way I can place priority on recordings so that the antenna is not rotated by a live viewer in the middle of a recording.

If I have time to refine my work I may just release two plugins, one as a TV Server Event Plugin and another as a "Antenna Rotator" plugin :).

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Looks like htpcsolutions.com is having major trouble. Let's hope moryoav can fix it soon.

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    It was up-and-down for the past 2 weeks due to a problem with a PHP upgrade (long story). It should be up and running again by tomorrow. Also, I was able to find a very nice method to switch between mediaportal and regular computer use, for those of us who use Mediaportal on a big screen living room TV (the problem I was talking about here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/help-with-resolution-dpi-settings.95775/) So this will also be uploaded to the website once it's up and running again. Also, with the new version of Mediaportal coming, a new version of eventTrigger will be released as well...

Thank you for reporting the problems...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom