Exception error (file in use) at wakeup from hibernation (1 Viewer)

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Waltz,

Oops. I saw that I forgot to mention a very important line in my .vbs file (I'm not at home ...): I delete the content of the current skin's fonts folder (its always xml files in this folder that cause the exception) after killing mp. Thus, the correct actions of my VBScript are:

1. Kill Mediaportal (tskill mediaportal.exe) and wait until tskill returns (not sure if you can accomplish this in a batch file...)
    2. del c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\skins\mce\fonts\*
    3. Close TVTool (not relevant if you don't have tvtool. TVtools doesn't work properly after hibernate)
    4. Start TVTool (-> black border disappears)
    5. Start Mediaportal

MediaPortal always starts fine without the files in the fonts folder. I think it simply renders the fonts from scratch if they aren't there ...

Ciao,
    BartManson

Waltz said:
    Thanks BartManson, I'll do this by myself with the tool pskill.exe (for killing the MP process), a simple batch file is enough for this.

I've tried deleting the .xml files causing the error, but MP would not start without these; well, I'll make a clean installation of the newest MP version next week and use your new workaround then. This will make the startup process much slower, though...

Waltz

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2004
    Kiel, Germany
    Yeah, I must have done something wrong - MP did not want to start even when I put the files back into the folder.

Why does this script have to delete these files? When MP is closed and gets a fresh start, this "file in use" error doesn't occor - at least on my system.

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Waltz,

Hm. OK, maybe it's not necessary to delete the files but it works this way and thus I'll keep it this way ... :)

Anyway, it doesn't do any harm to delete the files. The only disadvantage is possibly that mp's startup time lasts a little bit longer (time to render the fonts from scratch) but I can live with this...

Ciao,
    BartManson

Waltz said:
    Yeah, I must have done something wrong - MP did not want to start even when I put the files back into the folder.

Why does this script have to delete these files? When MP is closed and gets a fresh start, this "file in use" error doesn't occor - at least on my system.

Waltz

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2004
    Kiel, Germany
    Hi BartManson,

well, that's right for sure :)
    So if you don't mind, I'd love to test your script file. Thanks in advance for your work!

Won't have any time for testing for some days now, but I'll return to this thread soon.

Wish you a nice weekend!

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Got it!!!

Can you guys try the Blue 2 skin for me before I add it to Mantis?

DMAN

V

Vic

I got this error too today after waking up from standby. I will try to see if I can reproduce it on my development machine so that we can fix this problem hopefully.

Waltz

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2004
    Kiel, Germany
    dman_lfc:
    Using BlueTwo instead of MCE or the old MCE05 doesn't change anything, at least on my system. Don't know about the latest CSV though.
    Thanks!

Waltz

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2004
    Kiel, Germany
    Thank you, now all we have to do is waiting... :)

I've noticed that you added a quite similar bug description to Mantis (http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/mantis/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000407). The only difference seems to be the error message - while "our" bug features an error message with an "OK" button in front of a black screen, this other bug only shows the black screen when waking up from hibernation.
    Do you think they're related? If so, this whole "hibernation error" seems to be quite a big issue...

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Waltz,

here is my StartOnWake.txt (without the dashes):

------------------------------
    cscript //b //nologo startonwake.vbs

and StartOnWake.vbs (also without the dashes...):
    Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    intReturn = WshShell.Run("tskill mediaportal", 1, TRUE)
    intReturn = WshShell.Run("cmd /c del C:\Progra~1\TeamMe~1\MediaP~1\skin\mce\fonts\* /Q", 1, TRUE)
    intReturn = WshShell.Run("C:\Progra~1\TVTool\TVTOOL.exe /close", 1, TRUE)
    intReturn = WshShell.Run("C:\Progra~1\TVTool\TVTOOL.exe /800", 1, FALSE)
    intReturn = WshShell.Run("c:\progra~1\teamme~1\mediaportal\mediaportal.exe", 1, FALSE)

Just copy the files into the folder where you copied StartOnWake.exe and delete the lines with TVTool if you don't have TVTool.

Ciao,
    BartManson

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom