Exception when opening MyTVS config (1 Viewer)

SetiroN

February 7, 2010
I had the same issue, but when I opened the plugins tab I also got the message that the Online Videos plugin wasn't compatible and couldn't be loaded.
After I deleted the plugin from my install folder, the problem with TV series was also gone.
Confirmed.

sofian

Portal Member
February 26, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Exception when opening MyTVS config

Same problem - and deleting onlinevideos.dll helps! :)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Same problem here...and same "fix" works.

OffbyOne (dev of Online videos) is hoping to release version 0.20 this weekend - fingers crossed - which shold fix the problem. :)

Thanks,

J.

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    the fix posted by the previous user is indeed confirmed

after deleting onlinevideos.dll tv series config is working now

jlapin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2009
    hello

same problem :eek:

************** Texte de l'exception **************
    System.TypeInitializationException: Une exception a été levée par l'initialiseur de type pour 'SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory'. ---> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Impossible de charger un ou plusieurs des types requis. Extrayez la propriété LoaderExceptions pour plus d'informations.
    à System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    à System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
    à SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory.<TypesImplementingInterface>b__0(Assembly assembly)
    à System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__14`2.MoveNext()
    à System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
    à SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory.InitializeDownloaders()
    à SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory..cctor()
    --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
    à SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory.GetSubtitleDownloaderNames()
    à WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.ConfigurationForm.DrawSubtitleDownloaderCheckBoxes()
    à WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.ConfigurationForm.InitExtraTreeAndPanes()
    à WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.ConfigurationForm..ctor()
    à WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin.ShowPlugin()
    à MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.PluginsNew.itemConfigure_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
    mscorlib
    Version de l'assembly*: 2.0.0.0
    Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Configuration
    Version de l'assembly*: 1.0.6.27710

good evening

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Deleting the onlinevideos.dll did the trick for me as well. Thanks everyone for the help! I was hoping it was something simple to fix it.

marksteel

Portal Member
    February 23, 2008
    Im having the same problem. Thing is, after a fresh install I didn't download onlinevideos. So deleting that plugin isn't an option for me. Could anything else be conflicting or causing this problem?

The error is from my Windows Vista 32 bit PC (with latest MP and MyTVS)
    I have tried previous versions of both and I'm still getting the same error.

I also run a Windows 7 64 bit PC (with latest MP and MyTVS) with no problems at all.

Edit
    if I leave the config running in its attempt to load, I eventually get this message "Exeception in plugin SetupForm loading: Object reference not set to an instanace of an object." with just an ok button to press

breen

Portal Member
    December 31, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Im having the same problem. Thing is, after a fresh install I didn't download onlinevideos. So deleting that plugin isn't an option for me. Could anything else be conflicting or causing this problem?

I also run a Windows 7 64 bit PC (with latest MP and MyTVS) with no problems at all.

Edit
    if I leave the config running in its attempt to load, I eventually get this message "Exeception in plugin SetupForm loading: Object reference not set to an instanace of an object." with just an ok button to press

I was getting this same error on one pc and not another, even after a fresh install, just like you. For me, the problem turned out to be, even after a fresh install, and insuring there were no left over files, it appears the location for the database from an old installation was still trying to be used. In my case, a network share that no longer existed, so it would time out after trying to access the network and eventually error. I couldn't find where this was set at, so I ended up setting up the share again, and then changing the location back after I was finally able to get back into the configuration.

marksteel

Portal Member
    February 23, 2008

Edit

I was getting this same error on one pc and not another, even after a fresh install, just like you. For me, the problem turned out to be, even after a fresh install, and insuring there were no left over files, it appears the location for the database from an old installation was still trying to be used. In my case, a network share that no longer existed, so it would time out after trying to access the network and eventually error. I couldn't find where this was set at, so I ended up setting up the share again, and then changing the location back after I was finally able to get back into the configuration.

Yep! that fixed it for me!!! thanks very much my friend. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom