[Help Me!] Exceptions in the MPExtend service logs (1 Viewer)

fujistick

Portal Member
January 18, 2008
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

I've getting a few exceptions in the MPExtend service logs that I was hoping someone could help me with.

I am using version 0.4.2 of both the MPExtend service & WebMediaPortal, and version 1.0 preview release of aMPdroid. I have the MP client & server (and thus, MPExtend services) on seperate machines (i.e. multiseat), and a third machine with the IIS edition of WebMediaPortal.

I've attached the full client logs and configuration zip if needed. (Actually, no i haven't - the 'Upload a File' button doesn't do anything? I'll keep trying...) (edit: logs now attached - chrome doesn't work? had to use firefox)

Exception 1:
This exception occurs every time a fanart image is requested (Movies, TV Shows, etc) from WebMediaPortal. This is causing all images (other then the top left MP logo) to be broken images in the browser. I believe this is possibly an issue with WebMediaPortal, as images are appearing just fine in aMPdroid using the same MPExtend client service.

The following exception is repeated for each image per page request in WebMediaPortal.

Code:
2012-02-26 08:02:52.4862 [(18)] ERROR: Unhandled exception in service (SOAP interface)
(ChannelDispatcher.ProvideFault => ErrorBehavior.ProvideFault => SoapExceptionHandling.ProvideFault)
System.ServiceModel.FaultException: The message with Action 'http://tempuri.org/IStreamingService/GetArtwork' cannot be processed at the receiver, due to a ContractFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher. This may be because of either a contract mismatch (mismatched Actions between sender and receiver) or a binding/security mismatch between the sender and the receiver.  Check that sender and receiver have the same contract and the same binding (including security requirements, e.g. Message, Transport, None).
  at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ErrorBehavior.ThrowAndCatch(Exception e, Message message)
Exception 2:
This exception gets raised (usually a few of these exceptions group together), when you start streaming something (e.g. a tv show episode) from aMPdroid. The show is actually streamed and displayed, so it doesn't appear to be causing any issues from the users perspective, but errors usually mean bad things so I thought I would raise it anyway. Streaming the same show in WebMediaPortal doesn't cause this exception to be raised.
Code:
2012-02-25 21:21:52.0591 [(31)] ERROR: Unhandled exception in service (JSON interface)
(ErrorBehavior.ProvideMessageFaultCore => ErrorBehavior.ProvideFault => WebExceptionHandling.ProvideFault)
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
  at MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Code.Streaming.RetrieveStream(String identifier)
  at MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.StreamingService.RetrieveStream(String identifier)
  at SyncInvokeRetrieveStream(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
  at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
  at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
  at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
  at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
  at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
  at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
  at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
  at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
  at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
  at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
  at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
Exception 3:
This occurs when I click on the actual tv channel link on the left of the TV Guide in WebMediaPortal. The id number (in this example, 9) changes depending on the channel clicked. I'm having a few issues with my TVServer at the moment, so this may be a non issue.
Code:
2012-02-26 08:51:25.7939 [(13)] INFO: Failed to load MediaInfo for mediatype=TV provider=0 id=9 filetype=Content offset=0
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Windows\system32\9'.
File name: 'C:\Windows\system32\9'
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
  at MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Code.TsBuffer..ctor(String path)
  at MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.MediaInfo.MediaInfoWrapper.GetMediaInfo(MediaSource source)
  at MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Code.MediaInfoHelper.LoadMediaInfoOrSurrogate(MediaSource source)

fujistick

Portal Member
January 18, 2008
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Just to update, I've upgraded to version 0.4.3 of both the MPExtend service & WebMediaPortal.

Exception 1 & 2 above are still occurring. Exception 3 doesn't seem to happen anymore so it's either been fixed or was never really and issue to begin with (my TVServer is still partially broken)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm, stupid. I actually fixed the first exception when I saw your post, but didn't apply it to the 0.4.3. I'll fix that and post an updated version here (might take a couple of days).

Exception 2 is actually a client fault: aMPdroid seems to call a method too early. It cannot cause any harm, so I'll remove the warning from the logs for the next version.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could you try this updated 0.4.3 version of the service? You might need to uninstall the old service first, but you won't lose your configuration. WebMP doesn't need an update.

fujistick

Portal Member
    January 18, 2008
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks. I'll try this tomorrow afternoon and report back...

EDIT: I just tried to download the link in your post and i'm getting:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /MPExtended Service 0.4.3.zip on this server.
    Apache/2 Server at rmrf.nl Port 80

fujistick

Portal Member
    January 18, 2008
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK, so i've just uninstalled the old 0.4.3 MPExtend and installed the updated version above. There's good news and there's bad news...

The good news is that exception 1 from above is now gone. The bad news is that the fanart images are still broken links in WebMediaPortal.

I've attached the MPExtend logs, but heres the gist of it:

At 2012-03-08 18:20:52.4053, the old version of MPExend was shutdown. At 2012-03-08 18:21:36.1734 the newly installed version was started up. (Just prior to this I tested the old version to make sure the exception and broken fanart images was still happening when browsing WebMediaPortal - it was still happening as expected)

Now with the updated version, the only thing that I can see of interest that gets logged is this:
    Code:
    2012-03-08 18:23:04.2283 [(10)] INFO: Cannot resolve mediatype=TVEpisode, filetype=Banner, provider=, id=4278340, offset=0
    2012-03-08 18:23:04.2283 [(13)] INFO: Tried to stream image from non-existing source mediatype=TVEpisode provider= id=4278340 filetype=Banner offset=0 path=(unknown)

This gets logged every time you refresh the "Home" tab page in WebMedaPortal. It does NOT seem to get logged when you browse to other tabs/pages like Movies, TV Shows, etc. The fanart images are still broken links on all the tabs/pages.

I tried a stop/start of the MPExend service which didn't help. I also tried an "iisreset" to restart WebMediaPortal in case something was being cached or something, but that also didn't help.

Fanart is still displayed just fine in aMPdroid.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oops, I seem to have missed the last post.

EDIT: Uh, nevermind. Multiseat installations have been fixed for version 0.5 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom