Exciting Team News - April Fool Joke (1 Viewer)

Your participation?

• Total voters

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    its already the 2nd April here and I better stop this thing until a) someone donate his wife or b) my mail-account/PM explode

This was (of cause) a 1st April joke and everyone who gets fooled (or not) may thank rekenaar for his idea ;) Im sure he will find some more words tomorrow morning when hes awake again ^^

We all thank you for your support and yes, MP, the forum or whatever belongs to it will be free as long as it exists (or till next years 1st April joke) ;) Nevertheless donating can never be a bad idea...not for our servers but for devs that need a little gimmick from time to time to keep them interested

:D

*whoever donated just because of this joke and might want his money back...PM please!*

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    d'oh! This occurred to me a little late. After I posted upthread I walked into a class and one of my students reminded me of the date. Gradually it dawned on me what had happened.

Well played! And it's a great way to remind us that our donations *are* important.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hook, line and sinker.

Well , I think it is great to see all the support we would get from our community when things go bad. I was hoping for 50 odd votes in a short time but exceeding 100 in a couple of hours must show the great spirit among us. Some members played along from the start, others laughed from the start (yep, go read the replies again :) ) and a lot of members were trying to help the team. That is the nice part of this community-team-building-event. The users who know MP will not abandon it. Great guys!! Thank you to every vote and every reply!!

And as one of the posters mentioned, most do not really know all the effort from our admins to keep us live and free. From time to time, we read about thetvdb that is down and a lot of other places down on a regular basis. Think about it, downtime here is a minimum. There is good planning and hard work behind it. A big thank you to everyone responsible for a free forum with 99.9999999% uptime.

@High - nice reading on that wiki article. Indeed I am the April Fool myself :D

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Although this was a bit risky news/joke, im impressed on users respond, i think devs should feel good as the respons from most of the people was wonderfull.

at the end of the day i think this might have opened peoples eyes on the work/time/money put into the project of mediaportal, so good !! ;)

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    its already the 2nd April here and I better stop this thing until a) someone donate his wife or b)

Ghehehe... I probably would have ;)

To rekenaar: Good joke :) You got me with it. :D Well executed.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Now that that's over, for the record I wouldn't mind donating anyway.

Druski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Yeah, i felt a bit silly finding out this was a joke after donating, but its about time I contributed something. Thanks for giving me the nudge I needed! ;)

flintstone99

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great Idea

You caught me:eek:,
    good joke,:D
    but anyway I would pay .......:D

regards
    flintstone