Experimental TsReader development (1 Viewer)

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I can now play the 'AONTV-H264-Stream.ts' sample with TsReader.ax :) - can you point me at any other file samples ?

Tony

Hi Tony,
    Sounds great! :)
    I guess you have seen this sample https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-funktionieren-nicht.97165/page-4#post-753353
    so I post another sample - It's a short soccer scene. The last version wich can play (but very jerkyly :( ) AONTV h264 streams isTsReader_noStopMod41.zip and 42d

Could you than post a tsreader.ax wich can play our streams with good quality?

Thanks!!!

Try noStopMod50 -> here <- :)

Various H.264 header parsing, media sample PMT info, NALU start code detection, sample queue locking, video/audio 'slow motion sync' experiments/mods/fixes.

Tony

Hi Tony!

You are the hero!!!
    Now our h.264 streams look really good - so long perfect - no problems. Channel channging takes a few seconds but thats normal I think...
    I it OK for you if I post your result in other threads that tried to solve our problem? Or should I wait?

Thankx a lot (y) (y) (y)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Tony,
    Sounds great! :)
    I guess you have seen this sample https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-funktionieren-nicht.97165/page-4#post-753353
    so I post another sample - It's a short soccer scene. The last version wich can play (but very jerkyly :( ) AONTV h264 streams isTsReader_noStopMod41.zip and 42d

Could you than post a tsreader.ax wich can play our streams with good quality?

Thanks!!!

Various H.264 header parsing, media sample PMT info, NALU start code detection, sample queue locking, video/audio 'slow motion sync' experiments/mods/fixes.

Tony

Hi Tony!

You are the hero!!!
    Now our h.264 streams look really good - so long perfect - no problems. Channel channging takes a few seconds but thats normal I think...
    I it OK for you if I post your result in other threads that tried to solve our problem? Or should I wait?

Thankx a lot (y) (y) (y)

Good :)

No problem with posting in the other threads - more testing is good.

Tony

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Tony

Working very nicely Tony!
    Tested channel tuning, skipsteps in timeshift buffer, skipsteps in recordings, switching from live TV to recordings and back.
    All goes very well!

And i have to add that skipsteps in recordings seem faster then v48. :D

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Note to everyone :

v50 has some changes to the stream information (PMT) that is provided on the TsReader.ax output pins during graph building.

I've tried to fill in the information gaps (and fixed an aspect ratio parsing problem) so that what it provides is basically the same as LAV splitter (when opening the same file).

Because of this, it would be good to test it with a variety of video decoders, just to check it works OK and that I haven't broken compatibility with something.

I've tried it with LAV video decoder (software/CUVID/DXVA modes), MS-DTV, PDVD11, FFDShow video and FFDShow DXVA - all OK on my systems.

Tony

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm I have some issues now while watching an ongoing recording not at the live point :(
    It starts to hang (the picture freezes and the sound loops) after some seconds it continues at the position on which it would be normally.
    An example for clarification:
    Recording is running and I'm watching at 0:40 => video starts to hang and sound loops for lets say 10 secs => video continues at around 0:50

If I skip back now 15secs and watch that part again there is no corruption, nothing, the video just plays fine oO...
    Will revert now to V45 and see what happens oO

Log attached ~19:13/14 the error occurred

esas

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    since the area51 thread is closed, I´m posting here.

Got a black screen on channel change using the area51 tsreader. Logs attached. Channel NRK3 on at 20:09:25.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    v45 works better
    I had some stutter (micro freezes from less than a second) while watching, but nothing worse... (same recording near the point where v50 stuttered, not exactly the same)
    I don't know what's wrong with the system... I had two parallel recordings and was watching one of them, the HDD wasn't under heavy load and SMART says the HDD is fine (no Sector relocating etc...) and the fragmentation is 1% on a 1,96TB disk (~40Gb are for the system in a second partition, fragmentation 0%)
    Yesterday I had no issues with V50...
    On the channel on which I did this recording the signal quality is between 87 and 92 on a DD V6 DVB-C card. I have the program running while writing and 1 discontinuities...
    Also the program runs fine atm (there is currently one recording and the timeshifting)

I really have no clue whats going on oO

Logs from V45 attached ;)

EDIT
    FU**
    I just saw that the tsreader log got override from the liveTv >_> .. shit

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hmm I have some issues now while watching an ongoing recording not at the live point :(
    It starts to hang (the picture freezes and the sound loops) after some seconds it continues at the position on which it would be normally.
    An example for clarification:
    Recording is running and I'm watching at 0:40 => video starts to hang and sound loops for lets say 10 secs => video continues at around 0:50

If I skip back now 15secs and watch that part again there is no corruption, nothing, the video just plays fine oO...
    Will revert now to V45 and see what happens oO

Log attached ~19:13/14 the error occurred

No sure I can say much - I can see things happening in the logs (like blocks of very late samples being dropped in evr.log) but there's nothing really to explain what might have happened (other than there might have been a timestamp or clock glitch - which caused samples to get 'stuck' in the pipeline for a few seconds).

I haven't changed much in the core stream handling in v50 (and this version plays through my collection of badly corrupted recordings with no problems).

Is the problem repeatable if you play that part of the recording again i.e. skip back to a few minutes before the 'problem' time ?

Tony

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is the problem repeatable if you play that part of the recording again i.e. skip back to a few minutes before the 'problem' time ?
    Nope it isn't reproducible... but see my last point for more details... I starting to think that it might not your file... I will investigate it further

Changing now again to V50 and will see...

But thanks for your help ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom