Experimental TsReader development (2 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are these SD <-> HD changes or SD<->SD/HD<->HD that give problems ?

I've just tried PDVD12 on my system (Vista32 + nVidia GT430) and it's working fine with MPEG2 (SD) and H264 (HD) TV.

Tony

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are these SD <-> HD changes or SD<->SD/HD<->HD that give problems ?

I've just tried PDVD12 on my system (Vista32 + nVidia GT430) and it's working fine with MPEG2 (SD) and H264 (HD) TV.

Tony

This time not.
    It's simply switching between two SD channels (ARD and ZDF for example).
    Back on TS reader MP 1.2.1 version and this problem is solved.

Cheers.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Grubi - Have you tried any of the earlier noStopMod versions - is this a new problem introduced with v50 ?

Tony

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I've been getting glitches with v50. Tested in single-screen mode to eliminate any issue with dual-screen.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I've been getting glitches with v50. Tested in single-screen mode to eliminate any issue with dual-screen.

All I can see in the logs are some continuity errors (which translate into dropped frames/late samples in evr.log), which are also in the TsWriter log i.e. they look like they are reception errors ?

Tony

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hmm, strange as my landlord had the communal aerial replaced to be ready for the digital switchover at the start of last week, so if anything it should be better.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hmm, strange as my landlord had the communal aerial replaced to be ready for the digital switchover at the start of last week, so if anything it should be better.

Not necessarily, how far are you from the transmitter, too strong a signal can be as bad as a weak one, but give us a clue, how many feeds are coming off the one aerial.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country

Not necessarily, how far are you from the transmitter, too strong a signal can be as bad as a weak one, but give us a clue, how many feeds are coming off the one aerial.

About 18 miles. I'm assuming there's only one aerial on my block, so it's feeding 12 flats.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Any idea of the age of the cables (unless replaced at same time as aerial), if 15+ years would consider them as well suspect, but only a good reception meter would be able to tell this of course, you need a nice friendly aerial installer to just check that for you, at least to give peace of mind, pity you could not get the guy to test the signal to you when he fitted the new aerial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom