Experimental TsReader development (2 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    since the area51 thread is closed, I´m posting here.

Got a black screen on channel change using the area51 tsreader. Logs attached. Channel NRK3 on at 20:09:25.

Does it happen every time with this channel ?

If not, can you post some logs from when it works OK ?

(It's timing out after 5 seconds in the initial stream reading section and never finding the correct video data, so MP thinks it's a radio stream......)

Tony

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try noStopMod50 -> here <- :)

Various H.264 header parsing, media sample PMT info, NALU start code detection, sample queue locking, video/audio 'slow motion sync' experiments/mods/fixes.

Tony

Does this include the changes of "v0_4_17a from -> Area51 <-", too?

The "TsReader_0_4_17a_black_screen_and RTSP_fixes2" version does very well for me! First one with having no problem watching TV, after watching a BluRay (and switch Framerate)... (y)

Yes (in fact the fixes went from the 'noStopMod' versions to v0_4_17a).

Tony

well, did v50 a short try: Stutter for several seconds after channel change (n) (PDVD11)
    went back to v0_4_17a : Fine!

I'm on the road for some days, so I don't have time to make logs now...

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After short testings i´m back to v048. v50 gives me slow channel change [ using UNC ]. Has v050 the registry stuff from v048 ?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    After short testings i´m back to v048. v50 gives me slow channel change [ using UNC ]. Has v050 the registry stuff from v048 ?

Yes.

Can you post TsReader logs for v48 and v50 with the same channel change ?

There has been a change in when it adds PMT sample info to the decoder - it now does it on every channel change, instead of just when TsReader is first loaded. Try setting the 'disableAddPMT' reg key to '1' and see if it's any faster.

Tony

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yes.

Can you post TsReader logs for v48 and v50 with the same channel change ?

There has been a change in when it adds PMT sample info to the decoder - it now does it on every channel change, instead of just when TsReader is first loaded. Try setting the 'disableAddPMT' reg key to '1' and see if it's any faster.

Tony

I will try it today evening again and will post up the logs. I had a quick check, but does not found something interesting.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK latest version seems to work well with MS codec for SDTV and PDVD12 for HDTV.

Using PDVD12 for SDTV with this tsreader gives massive stuttering after channel change for about 30 seconds.
    Using MS codec for HDTV gives flashing picture (picture / back / picture / black) after channel change.

Cheers.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    OK latest version seems to work well with MS codec for SDTV and PDVD12 for HDTV.

Using PDVD12 for SDTV with this tsreader gives massive stuttering after channel change for about 30 seconds.
    Using MS codec for HDTV gives flashing picture (picture / back / picture / black) after channel change.

Cheers.

Logs ? System specs ?

Are the SDTV and HDTV MPEG2 or H264 ?

Tony

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Tony,

sorry but i can reproduce the problem from yesterday evening. At this moment v050 is runing fine.
    I will keep my eyes open if this problem occurs again. Thx for your effort

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Cheers.

Logs ? System specs ?

Are the SDTV and HDTV MPEG2 or H264 ?

Tony

Damn system spec have gone since switch to new forum which I didn't notice.
    Sorry for that.

SDTV is MPEG2
    and HDTV is H264.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom