Experimental TsReader development (11 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Maybe it's added to the 'MediaPortal TV Server' folder on server-only installations to support the TV server config preview function ?

Tony

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    59c not great here. I get nasty slowmo for a couple of seconds if I change channel or skip back, odd blockiness after changing channel, and a pause /glitch a few seconds after changing channel. Happy to provide logs if that helps.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    59c not great here. I get nasty slowmo for a couple of seconds if I change channel or skip back, odd blockiness after changing channel, and a pause /glitch a few seconds after changing channel. Happy to provide logs if that helps.

Yes, logs please.

The slo-mo is intentional (and has always been there - it just works properly now) - it can be disabled in the MP config /debugoptions settings - see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...reader-development.102693/page-52#post-847873

Tony

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Ah, I didn't know it was intentional - thanks. I'll read up on that. Am off to London in a while so I won't be able to get logs until I'm back, probably next week now, sorry.

Vasilich - yes, I believe it was better with the stock 1.2.3 tsreader. I'll have to switch back to that and compare, I think.

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Just did a very quick test with that slowmo feature turned off and it's working fine now, so it looks like it's that feature which is causing issues here. I really don't like the slowmo thing so am much happier now it's gone :)

Caleb

Portal Member
    January 14, 2012
    Yeah, I also thought the slo-mo was some kind of a problem or a glitch. What would happen with that option turned off? Out of sync audio for the first 2 seconds? Or no video for the first 2 seconds?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah, I also thought the slo-mo was some kind of a problem or a glitch. What would happen with that option turned off? Out of sync audio for the first 2 seconds? Or no video for the first 2 seconds?

That's actually intentional - it tries to show pictures earlier than it *should* by manipulating the video timestamps at the start (otherwise it wouldn't show any of the new video for a while, because of the way the streams are muxed). This puts the video and audio out of sync for the first two seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom