Experimental TsReader development (4 Viewers)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tony, just had a chat with tourettes on IRC, and he suggested to let you have look @ this also.
    It's the 3rd or 4th time this happens while watching LiveTV.

After about an hour (about 1:15 hours in this case) audio starts to stutter really hard, as TsReader issued a 'pause':
    Code:
    02-05-2013 21:40:34.199 [1c394888] [ 7c4] Pause 195 mS renderer clock to match provider/RTSP clock, A/V = 0/9
    Feels like some sort of buffering issue, but i can only guess.
    Do you see anything that could point towards an issue with TsReader?

TNX ;)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    maybe this will be a bit ot since it is not related to tsreader, i think when i use unc: i start a program from a client, after a while from another client i connect to existing tv stream.the result is that i can't go back to the start of the stream on the second client, only on the client that started tv is possible. for the second client, the start point of the stream seems to be the point of connection. if i use rtsp, every client that connect to an existing tv stream can go back to the REAL stream start point. i noticed this behavior from ages (not related to your tsreader development), could you figure out why ? thank you

I suspect this is the expected behaviour - AFAIK using UNC paths is like having multiple single-seat systems each using separate remote timeshift buffer files (one set per client) on the server, which start when TV is turned on at the client.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tony, just had a chat with tourettes on IRC, and he suggested to let you have look @ this also.
    It's the 3rd or 4th time this happens while watching LiveTV.

After about an hour (about 1:15 hours in this case) audio starts to stutter really hard, as TsReader issued a 'pause':
    Code:
    02-05-2013 21:40:34.199 [1c394888] [ 7c4] Pause 195 mS renderer clock to match provider/RTSP clock, A/V = 0/9
    Feels like some sort of buffering issue, but i can only guess.
    Do you see anything that could point towards an issue with TsReader?

TNX ;)

There are several issues contributing to this - the startup of the streaming looks like it's not 'smooth', so TsReader/decoders/renderers are a bit low on data almost from the beginning, and it looks like your client is running slightly faster than the server. The 'Pause 195ms' is to try and fix the situation when things get really bad (very low on data). Also TsReader.ax GetState() handling could do with some mods.....I'll take a look when I'm back from vacation.

I've been working on linking TsReader+MPAR+dshowhelper together, so that it can control buffering etc. properly without having to use the 'Pause 195ms' method - expect an Area51 thread sometime (I've got it basically working locally, but it needs a bit more sorting out/tidying).

In the meantime, this might help (from the first page):
    New feature: Registry key added to adjust data buffering time - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\TsReader, set "BufferingDelayInMilliSeconds" to a (decimal) value in milliseconds (range is 0 to 2000, default is 0). Note - this will add delay to live TV channel changes since it needs to build up the buffer before play starts.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TNX for the info Tony! I just noticed it again after 1:15 hours playback, so it's pretty good reproducable. I'll try to get some logs with extra BufferLogging enabled and will do the same on MPAR part.

In the mean time, enjoy 'Veronicas' this evening :D (If you're going to Playa...)

And off course let me know if you need something tested ;)

Last edited:

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    maybe this will be a bit ot since it is not related to tsreader, i think when i use unc: i start a program from a client, after a while from another client i connect to existing tv stream.the result is that i can't go back to the start of the stream on the second client, only on the client that started tv is possible. for the second client, the start point of the stream seems to be the point of connection. if i use rtsp, every client that connect to an existing tv stream can go back to the REAL stream start point. i noticed this behavior from ages (not related to your tsreader development), could you figure out why ? thank you

I suspect this is the expected behaviour - AFAIK using UNC paths is like having multiple single-seat systems each using separate remote timeshift buffer files (one set per client) on the server, which start when TV is turned on at the client.

yeah... thank for the clarificaion ;)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TNX for the info Tony! I just noticed it again after 1:15 hours playback, so it's pretty good reproducable. I'll try to get some logs with extra BufferLogging enabled and will do the same on MPAR part.
    @Owlsroost @tourettes
    TsReader EnableBufferLogging=1
    MPAR TS=OFF
    MPAR sample logging=ON

With these settings i'm not able to reproduce the stuttering. LiveTV has been running for at least 1,5 hours now (and still is running).

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    @Owlsroost @tourettes
    TsReader EnableBufferLogging=1
    MPAR TS=OFF
    MPAR sample logging=ON

With these settings i'm not able to reproduce the stuttering. LiveTV has been running for at least 1,5 hours now (and still is running).

That is because your video playback is no a bit slower (and you should see some juddering, hard to say how often but it should be there as the bias was not 1.0x but over 1.0x -> 1.0000409421).

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Since i have installed v73 i got the idea my environment crashes a bit more. It used to crash once a week, now its up to twice a night. Don't know if its becuase of v73 and i would really like you to have a look.

These both happened yesterday. I collected the loggings after the crash.

The crashes completely crash MePo, i'm just getting a error message in the screen stating mediaportal.exe has crashed.

Could the register settings help me as well, or is that an entirly different story, tnx!

Attachments

• Crash2.zip
      4.4 MB
    • Crash.zip
      4.4 MB
    Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Check free disk space:
    Code:
    2013-05-05 22:06:27.770243 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Error starting graph: Onvoldoende opslagruimte beschikbaar om deze bewerking te voltooien.

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Check free disk space:
    Code:
    2013-05-05 22:06:27.770243 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Error starting graph: Onvoldoende opslagruimte beschikbaar om deze bewerking te voltooien.
    okay, never could suspect that, i'm having about had about 12GB free disk space and freed up some more, now i have 19 GB free at C drive. I am running a RAM drive of 5GB with 1 GB free, but i'm guessing its about the C drive, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom