Experimental TsReader development (4 Viewers)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    okay, never could suspect that, i'm having about had about 12GB free disk space and freed up some more, now i have 19 GB free at C drive. I am running a RAM drive of 5GB with 1 GB free, but i'm guessing its about the C drive, right?
    Taking into account that you had 12GB free HDD space, and only 1GB free on the RAM drive, i suspect the RAM Drive to be the issue. Once timeshifting has started it will create a couple of files, and for HD TV they'll definitely grow bigger then 1GB in total (for all timeshift files together).
    Easiest way is to monitor your RAM Drive when you start LiveTV and see what happens.

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    okay, never could suspect that, i'm having about had about 12GB free disk space and freed up some more, now i have 19 GB free at C drive. I am running a RAM drive of 5GB with 1 GB free, but i'm guessing its about the C drive, right?
    Taking into account that you had 12GB free HDD space, and only 1GB free on the RAM drive, i suspect the RAM Drive to be the issue. Once timeshifting has started it will create a couple of files, and for HD TV they'll definitely grow bigger then 1GB in total (for all timeshift files together).
    Easiest way is to monitor your RAM Drive when you start LiveTV and see what happens.
    Great tnx for your reply, ive changed the timeshift back to the C drive, and now it seems to run better. If i have more questions about this i'll create a new thread and not bother this thread with low diskspace stuff :)

v73 runs fine though :):)

Edit: Okay, weird enough the same thing happens again. Now I have 17 GB free, and it keeps being free. I've changed my timeshifting folder to C: where the 17 GBs are free. It just says it doesn't have enough free space:

2013-05-08 20:32:09.092152 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Added filter: LAV Video Decoder to graph
    2013-05-08 20:32:09.269162 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Error starting graph: Onvoldoende opslagruimte beschikbaar om deze bewerking te voltooien.

2013-05-08 20:32:17.921657 [Info.][(33)]: PowerScheduler: Keep server alive

It only happens when i'm watching TV for a few hours. Could the buffer setting help? I'm going to try that tonight because my gf is currently watching. If that doesn't work i'll switch back to the previous TSreader.ax to see if the behavior is any different. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm using this and the modified dshowhelper (dated 07-01-2013) with 1.3 Final and am seeing high render times (13.6ms) when watching TV. In the past I've seen it much lower.

I had a lot of tearing earlier and the render was around 16ms. I checked CCC as I know it has a habit of re-ticking all the video colour and quality options which I'd previously unticked, including the deinterlace option being set back to Auto instead of Vector Adaptive, and indeed this had happened again (currently running 12.1 so I should probably update in case this bug has been fixed) but unticking the options again didn't fix the tearing. Then I remembered I'd had to reinstall 1.3 the other day, so hadn't installed the modified tsreader and dshowhelper yet. Now I've done that, the tearing is fixed but the render time remains rather high (13.6ms). Perhaps it doesn't matter if the picture looks OK but I thought I should ask if there's anything I can do to reduce it.

toga67

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Edit: Okay, weird enough the same thing happens again. Now I have 17 GB free, and it keeps being free. I've changed my timeshifting folder to C: where the 17 GBs are free. It just says it doesn't have enough free space:

2013-05-08 20:32:09.092152 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Added filter: LAV Video Decoder to graph
    2013-05-08 20:32:09.269162 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Error starting graph: Onvoldoende opslagruimte beschikbaar om deze bewerking te voltooien.

2013-05-08 20:32:17.921657 [Info.][(33)]: PowerScheduler: Keep server alive

It only happens when i'm watching TV for a few hours. Could the buffer setting help? I'm going to try that tonight because my gf is currently watching. If that doesn't work i'll switch back to the previous TSreader.ax to see if the behavior is any different. I'll keep you posted.

Hi,
    which LAV Filter do you have installed? I have big problems with the newest Version 0.56.2. With this LAV Version Mediaportal crashes randomly on my System. Older Versions or the Microsoft Codec are working perfect.

Last edited:

el-Dia

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi.

I’m a bit unsure if this is the right thread for this question, if not please point in the right direction :)

Is the tsreader.ax supposed to be able to output the DTS-Core track in a TS stream?

I have a broadcasted concert with two audio tracks; mpeg2 and DTS-HD MA 5.1
    When playing in MP it’s not possible to switch audio tracks and the mpeg2 track is selected by default.

Remuxing all streams into a MKV container there’s no problems.

Testing the file with GraphStudioNext, the LAV splitter is chosen as default and it’s possible to select the DTS track.
    Connecting to the remote MP graph I lose the possibility to change streams on the tsreader splitter.

I also tested the 1.4 prerelease with the same results.

Is this a known issue or just some error on my (two) htpc’s?

Regards,
    el-Dia.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Is the tsreader.ax supposed to be able to output the DTS-Core track in a TS stream?

AFAIK - no, it can't handle DTS audio (only MPEG1/2, AAC and AC3)

Is this a recording made with TV server ?

In 1.4.0 there is an option to use the video codec settings for .ts files when played in the Video player, so it's possible to use LAV splitter for .ts files in that situation.

el-Dia

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks for fast reply!
    No, the recording wasn't made on the tv-server.

Thanks for the tip! I wasn't too observant when testing the 1.4 prerelease. :)

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hi all.. I applied this fix for NZ's Prime/ChoiceTV a while ago and it fixed it (with the additional of the reg key to push out to 250ms) and it's been working fine.
    as noted here Prime seems to have changed something and even pushing the delay out to 1000ms there's no joy.
    If I record the channel, I can't playback in MediaPortal, but I can play back in Media Player Classic HC. (and prolly vlc).

happy to produce logs, but wont be able to until the weekend unfortunately.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    hi all.. I applied this fix for NZ's Prime/ChoiceTV a while ago and it fixed it (with the additional of the reg key to push out to 250ms) and it's been working fine.
    as noted here Prime seems to have changed something and even pushing the delay out to 1000ms there's no joy.
    If I record the channel, I can't playback in MediaPortal, but I can play back in Media Player Classic HC. (and prolly vlc).

happy to produce logs, but wont be able to until the weekend unfortunately.

Logs are good, but I think I need a short recording (20s maybe ?) as well to work out what's going on/test a fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom