Experimental TsReader development (3 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here's a short, 40s recording from PRIME in Christchurch. I also have a ~700mb recording of The Crowd Goes Wild on PRIME from last night which was problematic when seeking (frozen picture) handy if needed too :)

Please try the attached TsReader.ax - it plays the test recording OK.
    (and of course everyone else from NZ with the problem channels should try it too :))

Can this work with MP1.4 and MP1.5 ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Tony, I've been helping somebody with a tuner issue today. One of the side-issues they had was that TS files would not play. This was due to TsReader not having been registered. I tried to register TsReader manually but failed due to missing VC++ redistributable. After installing VC++ 2010 Redist SP1 TsReader could be registered and TS files played fine.

I thought the deploy tool took care of installing that dependency.
    Could we have added code in TsReader that requires updated/new dependencies in the deploy tool?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tony, I've been helping somebody with a tuner issue today. One of the side-issues they had was that TS files would not play. This was due to TsReader not having been registered. I tried to register TsReader manually but failed due to missing VC++ redistributable. After installing VC++ 2010 Redist SP1 TsReader could be registered and TS files played fine.

I thought the deploy tool took care of installing that dependency.
    Could we have added code in TsReader that requires updated/new dependencies in the deploy tool?

Not that I know of, but I'm not an expert on the nuances of this....and yes, AFAIK the deploy tool should install the VC++ redist

I use the 'SP1' verson of VC++ 2010 Express, but that's been the case for several years and all the binaries are now built as part of the general build process (rather than by individual devs).

I can't see anything in the VC++ project settings which mentions SP1 (VC100, VC90 and Win7.1SDK are the 'toolset' choices - it's set to VC100), so how do you tell if it's targetting/expecting the SP1 runtime or not ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can't see anything in the VC++ project settings which mentions SP1 (VC100, VC90 and Win7.1SDK are the 'toolset' choices - it's set to VC100), so how do you tell if it's targetting/expecting the SP1 runtime or not ?
    I'm no expert with this stuff either - just trying to be constructive by reporting problems.
    In this case I'm not 100% sure that SP1 is required. I assumed the installer would have installed VC++ 2010 [not SP1], but I didn't actually verify that (big mistake, sorry). This was a W7 32 bit OS. When I ran depends.exe on TsReader.ax it showed missing mfc100u.dll and google showed the solution was to install the redist. I'll try to follow up and check whether the non-SP1 redist was already installed, but I suspect that somehow it was not... which might indicate some kind of issue with the deploy tool redist install detection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom