Experimental TsReader development (2 Viewers)

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    V34 solid here.....glitch free on channel changes.....well impressed!

Have tried a bunch of channels and no corruption seen thus far (1hr).
    PS. Am using MS codecs for TV/Video, and FFD for audio. I'm using SAF5.

Ian.

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Experimental TsReader development

Sometimes I still have this problems, when tuning a channel the 1st time: no video/audio for a while, after 10sec audio appears.
    Using UNC, tsreader0034.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Experimental TsReader development

As promised two trials with logs, just 5 mins as I could quickly reproduce the (video) corruptions with worst case scnenario Discovery HD of German SKY.

v34, roughly from 1845-1850
    Video corruption the whole way through also stuttering, skipping gave a short relief at best, CPU was hovering around 75%.

v33, roughly from 1900-1905
    Some corruption starting around the 3 minute mark on and off, CPU at around 85-90%

As I said worst case Discovery HD, I can watch other 1080i channels like ESPN America HD without a single corruption or stutter (besides a few cases when changing channels) with v33 and LAV software decoding. With v34 I had corruption on those channels as well.

I'm surprised it's actually watchable :confused: (there are huge numbers of late video samples in TsReader logs) - is the audio in sync with the video ?

Can you do a set of logs using the standard MP 1.2.1 TsReader.ax (with Discovery HD) please ?

Just wondering why you don't use a DXVA video decoder ?

Tony

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

Sometimes I still have this problems, when tuning a channel the 1st time: no video/audio for a while, after 10sec audio appears.
    Using UNC, tsreader0034.

Haven't had this in 33 or 34 at all yet but it was rife before then. Trick for me is to tune an FTA SD channel first if you've just booted or restarted the TV server or had it idle for some period of time.

Ian.

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: AW: Experimental TsReader development

Using UNC, tsreader0034.

Haven't had this in 33 or 34 at all yet but it was rife before then. Trick for me is to tune an FTA SD channel first if you've just booted or restarted the TV server or had it idle for some period of time.

Ian.

I'm using Argus with md***plus. No, that's something else...using rtsp doesn't cause such a thing.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Using UNC, tsreader0034.

There are some 10 sec timeouts in the code in various places, so next time it happens can you grab a TsReader log and I'll take a look ?

Tony

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Experimental TsReader development

Using UNC, tsreader0034.

Ian.

I'm using Argus with md***plus. No, that's something else...using rtsp doesn't cause such a thing.

To make Tony's job easier, please use only TVE3 and FTA to rule out any 3rd party caused issues.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Tony,

Question1: I have seen some corruption ones in a while. No freeze or problem just some corruption. I think it's because of some discontinuities. What i am seeing is that audio is not in sync anymore after the corruption. Mostly it's ok and the tsreader can survive some distortion. But in case of harder curruption audio/video sync is solved by stepping back -15s.
    I believe the video stream is continuesly monitored for audio/video sync or not?

Question2: Are discontinuities always comming from tswriter/cam or is it possible that the optimalisations the developers make to mediaportal could generate some?

Greetings,

Wouter

Q1. Is this a new problem with v34 ? Which video/audio decode filters and audio renderer are you using ?

Q2. The TsWriter log should show received signal discontinuities. Client/Server systems using RTSP can also have discontinuities caused by lost network packets.

Tony

Microsoft video codecs, ffdshow audio codecs, mpaudiorenderer. Maybe it's because of the last one. I hope Tourettes will pick up developing it. Can you? :)
    I'll try to figure out which one gives the best results 33 or 34.

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Experimental TsReader development

I'm pretty sure it's Mediaportal Client related - I'll post some logs tomorrow.

sukceso

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2008
    Herrenberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did some tests on another computer today with v34. On this computer, TV video sometimes freezes after 1 second, audio continues. This only seems to happen with channels where the CI modules is used. Please note that I had some strange behaviour with the CI module already in the past, but the same problem does not seem to happen with TsReader from MP 1.2.1. Perhaps you can see something from the logs (happened at last channel change in the logs). Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom