Experimental TsReader development (2 Viewers)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
There's some sort of performance/latency problem - you are getting a 'Dropping sample from the past' messages in the evr.log periodically.

The audio dropouts probably tie in with the 'Pause 195 mS renderer clock to match provider/RTSP clock' messages - these are because TsReader is running out of data in the timeshift file (the playback 'clock' - which comes from the audio renderer - is probably running slightly faster than the broadcaster clock, so after a while TsReader has to pause the playback to allow things to catch up).

Try pausing TV for a few seconds at the start and see if that helps.

Tony

Thanks. I'll try that and see.

I'm pretty sure I've got the latency under control at the moment as I've monitored it on and off over a few days and the kernel latency, ISR and DPC execution times have all remained within acceptable limits. I'll double-check it again though.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I'm pretty sure I've got the latency under control at the moment as I've monitored it on and off over a few days and the kernel latency, ISR and DPC execution times have all remained within acceptable limits. I'll double-check it again though.

It still could be CPU or HD resources that are hogged for brief moments - what I would recommend is to take a image of the current system and make a clean install of the OS. Then don't install any other stuff than drivers, codecs and MP and do some testing.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country

It still could be CPU or HD resources that are hogged for brief moments - what I would recommend is to take a image of the current system and make a clean install of the OS. Then don't install any other stuff than drivers, codecs and MP and do some testing.

That would be a major pain as I'd also have to remember to disable various things in CCC (and the ATI drivers are always a pain to install), disable various Windows services, tweak various Windows settings, etc. Is there not a monitoring program that will show if the resources are indeed being hogged for brief moments and if so, by what? I'm not sure that the HDD resources are relevant though, as I use a RAMdrive for timeshifting.

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: AW: Experimental TsReader development

Tried 0043 and had severe problems with freezing. Sometimes live tv froze in after some minutes, sometimes after a longer period of time. But 0043 ran stutter-free, that's very good.
    But I reverted back to 0039,there's sometimes little stuttering, but no freezing.

I need the logs for v43 - I can't investigate problems without them (it works OK for me....)

I know you tried v42d - did that have the freezing problems ?

Tony

mcrob83 - are you running RTSP, UNC or single-seat ?

When it freezes, do both video and audio stop, or just one of them ?

Can un-freeze it by pausing or skipping back etc ?

Tony

UNC-->one server, two clients.
    0039 is running fine with 4tr.
    both audio and video freezes, skipping back 15s takes about 30seconds, but the streaming goes on then.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Experimental TsReader development

I need the logs for v43 - I can't investigate problems without them (it works OK for me....)

I know you tried v42d - did that have the freezing problems ?

Tony

mcrob83 - are you running RTSP, UNC or single-seat ?

When it freezes, do both video and audio stop, or just one of them ?

Can un-freeze it by pausing or skipping back etc ?

Tony

UNC-->one server, two clients.
    0039 is running fine with 4tr.
    both audio and video freezes, skipping back 15s takes about 30seconds, but the streaming goes on then.

OK, thanks - but I need the logs from v43 to know what's happening inside TsReader ;)

Tony

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Experimental TsReader development

Ok, I will post some.
    Today BETA3 auf 1.6.1.0 4TR was released. Very curious, but with that version I didn't have any freezing so far. I'll let live tv run for a while without zapping. Maybe your tsreader wasn't really the problem. I'll report.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    noStopMod44 added ->here<-

Includes a fix for random 'black screen at start of play' problem introduced in v41, and mods to duration update code to (hopefully) fix the 'live' recording stop problem.

Tony

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    There's some sort of performance/latency problem - you are getting a 'Dropping sample from the past' messages in the evr.log periodically.

The audio dropouts probably tie in with the 'Pause 195 mS renderer clock to match provider/RTSP clock' messages - these are because TsReader is running out of data in the timeshift file (the playback 'clock' - which comes from the audio renderer - is probably running slightly faster than the broadcaster clock, so after a while TsReader has to pause the playback to allow things to catch up).

Try pausing TV for a few seconds at the start and see if that helps.

Tony

I tested by pausing for about 20 seconds when starting TV this morning and I haven't noticed any audio dropouts and there aren't any 'Pause 195 mS renderer clock to match provider/RTSP clock' messages in the log either. Does this help us towards a solution that doesn't involve pausing when starting TV?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Experimental TsReader development

V43 was OK to me using UNC. But with V44 channel change takes up to 20s and more. Log attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom