Experimental TsReader development (2 Viewers)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hmm, I noticed quite a few audio cutouts this morning whilst watching TV and also noticed that they seemed to stop after I logged in to Windows over RDP as user 2 (User 1 is what the PC auto logs-in as and runs Mediaportal under). Checking the TsWriter log shows continuity errors before I logged in with user 2 (see around 09:21 - 11:29) but none after. I logged out with user 2 around 12:12 and there don't appear to have been any since, although there are some discontinuity messages at 14:00.

I can only assume that logging in as user 2 loads something that fixes whatever is causing the errors. I'm thinking it may be DPC latency related, so I'll have to investigate that further.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Tony,

59c has been working flawlessly for the past couple of weeks here now.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Been having a few drop-outs this morning, however that might be because I forgot to restart dwm.exe after stopping it yesterday :whistle: Mind you, it didn't cause any drop-outs yesterday that I noticed.

One of the drop-outs was at around 14:10 but strangely I see the TsWriter.log hasn't been written to since 07:58 this morning and the TsReader.log and evr.log since 13:38.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I updated to one of these new TSReaders a while back to fix the crashing/freezing when changing chanells with the stock 1.2.3 version. A few days ago I updated to the latest one (58c?) and I notice it has a new bug - often when changing channels the first second or so of video is in slow motion. Nothing major since it doesn't end up out of sync or anything, but certainly new.

Also, a bug that has been around for a while is the random bit of audio you hear when changing channels. Sounds like a repeat of the last bit heard from the previous channel. This is all when using LAV Video Decoder (DXVA2) and ffdshow audio by the way.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    A few days ago I updated to the latest one (58c?) and I notice it has a new bug - often when changing channels the first second or so of video is in slow motion. Nothing major since it doesn't end up out of sync or anything, but certainly new.

That's not a bug, but intended to work like that, as explained in this post. ;)

Also, a bug that has been around for a while is the random bit of audio you hear when changing channels. Sounds like a repeat of the last bit heard from the previous channel. This is all when using LAV Video Decoder (DXVA2) and ffdshow audio by the way.

Have you tried LAV Audio?

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Ah I see, like I said it's been a while since I've followed these developments. ;)

Haven't tried LAV Audio cos I have no external speakers and my TV's speakers are kinda quiet so I need the dynamic range compression offered by ffdshow for films. :(

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Haven't tried LAV Audio cos I have no external speakers and my TV's speakers are kinda quiet so I need the dynamic range compression offered by ffdshow for films. :(

Well, you could try LAV Audio to test if you still have that audio-leftover issue. And LAV Audio has dynamic range compression settings for formats that support it.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Are there some known issues with ffdshow audio? I could use LAV audio if I can still use ffdshow as a post-processor (I need the mixer to mix-down for my particular setup) but if there's nothing wrong with ffdshow audio, I might as well just leave it using that to decode.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Yeah, that's another issue with LAV Audio - it currently has no mixer so 5.1 stuff wouldn't work properly with my stereo TV speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom