Experimental TsReader development (3 Viewers)

mr.duck

Portal Member
December 31, 2008
have you tried it with other players? like MPC-HC or Windows Media Player?
I wish it worked in MPC-HC, my fav player, but this type of filter is incompatible with it. MPC-HC can only handle static files that are not being written to. Only working with pull filters and not push filters IIRC. Windows Media Player is pretty much unworkable.

It's only been a recent change that stopped TsReader working with PotPlayer.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    mr.duck - I need your logs - v69 works OK in PotPlayer fro me (playing recorded files).

I need logs using v66 and v69 in PotPlayer so I can compare them.

Tony

mr.duck

Portal Member
    December 31, 2008
    I had to create the folder "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log" before the logs would appear. But after I did that, v69 started working! I tried deleting the folder and then v69 stopped working, nearly locking up the system as before! So if the folder isn't there, don't try and write the logs I guess :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I had to create the folder "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log" before the logs would appear. But after I did that, v69 started working! I tried deleting the folder and then v69 stopped working, nearly locking up the system as before! So if the folder isn't there, don't try and write the logs I guess :)
    Then your install is messed up somehow. That folder should ALWAYS be there on a Vista/Win 7 install.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Then your install is messed up somehow. That folder should ALWAYS be there on a Vista/Win 7 install.

Mr Duck probably has just PopPlayer + TsReader.ax isntalled manually. TsReader's main target is to work on MediaPortal, if it wont work on some other player side then it is up to the other player developers to have a peek.

ps. If I remember correctly PotPlayer is violating GPL - unles someone proves me wrong we really shouldn't do anything to help our filters to work with such application.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom