export of channels and schedules fails (1 Viewer)

quantentunnel

Portal Member
January 4, 2013
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description:
Export of TV and Radio channels and schedules fails.
Export pop-up message stays on screen until application is closed by user.
No 'export.xml' is written to the specified (standard-)folder.

error.log information:
Code:
2013-02-27 06:58:34.996300 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
  bei SetupTv.Sections.ImportExport.Export(String fileName, Boolean exporttv, Boolean exporttvgroups, Boolean exportradio, Boolean exportradiogroups, Boolean exportschedules)
  bei SetupTv.Sections.ImportExport.exportButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Possible fix?

Last edited by a moderator:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    Hi quantentunnel, sorry for the late reply!
    I tried to reproduce this issue, but i can't. Export is working fine here (also with the upcoming 1.3 Final release), so i'll set this to No Bug for now.

If you keep experiencing issues with this, please let us know!

quantentunnel

Portal Member
    January 4, 2013
    Germany Germany
    I don't know what caused the issue, but it still is present on my end and I still couldn't find a way to fix it.

I hope the update to 1.3.0 will do something good, since installing 1.2.3 over the existing installation made no change at all. I refrain from uninstalling and reinstalling right now because I don't have much time to redo all the channel ordering and tweaking, in case the database won't push settings back to the TV server after a clean install thus leaving me with a lot of work I can't bother to do at the moment.

Checking the MySQL database didn't show me anything unusual as well (in sense of duplicate or corrupted entries) so I'm quite lost here.

For now, I've made a dump of the database, just to be safe.
    Can't wait for the release of 1.3.0 Final to get my hands on it to try it out!

quantentunnel

Portal Member
    January 4, 2013
    Germany Germany
    Using the backup plugin made me find the culprit finally!
    It was two entries in the radio channels table that lead into the void (must have been leftovers from one of the many scans I did setting MP up), leaving the exporter clueless and unhappy. The backup settings plugin threw an error telling me the IDs of the entries. Too bad the built-in exporter didn't do this.

Anyway, after I truncated the radio channel table and did a fresh channel scan (luckily I didn't bother to sort radio channels in the first place) the exporter worked like a charm. I'll keep the backup plugin for the migration to 1.3.0 though, just in case.

Thanks for the tip, HomeY! Can be closed/archived.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    TNX for the feedback quantentunnel (y)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    Frans Nijhuis Tv/Radio channel Import Export xml and multiple identical channel names Newcomers Forum 0
    cbr954rr Possibillity to export and import all client settings? General 0
    P Export .m3u from mediaportal MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    raffe [solved] Export tool and import support from MP-TVSeries & Moving Pictures to MP2 General 22
    J Multiple IPTV channels TV-Server 2
    M Add Radio channels and EPG to Mediaportal xmlTV 2
    R Sort or restrict channels by group in mapping dialog Improvement Suggestions 4
    M 1.25.0 Tv Server Configuration Italian Dvb-t2 test channel preview error Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 8
    P Missing channels after rebuild (all on one MUX ?) General 2
    Ralph Holmes One TV channel is duff - all the others are OK General 6
    A UK Freeview channel changes Installation, configuration support 14
    framug [solved] TVguide : channel number. MediaPortal 1 Talk 7
    T Client / Server slow channel-to-channel change (zapping) General Support 1
    V [solved] FTA channels but reported as encrypted MediaPortal 1 Talk 7
    T Server / client channel logo location Installation, configuration support 6
    g0rsq UK Freesat not tunning BBC HD channels, and lots of other freesat channels missing. Newcomers Forum 4
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    raffe [TV] Option for adding IPTV channels without checking Improvement Suggestions 2
    C Telenet analog-to-digital switch -- manually finding and inputting DVB-C channels in Mediaportal2 General 0
    vapourEyes Automatically Tune to Strongest Duplicate Channel Improvement Suggestions 106
    T [solved] Any idea where Channel 107 (DVB-T2) BBC News HD (and others!) have gone??? Installation, configuration support 12
    B [solved] tvguide.xml not importing australian channels Electronic Program Guide 10
    R [fixed] [MP2-819] MP2 Server crashes on ATSC OTA channel scan Submit: Bug Reports 33
    R [solved] All Channel 7 stations listed in guide as 1000 Newcomers Forum 4