export of channels and schedules fails (1 Viewer)

quantentunnel

Portal Member
January 4, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description:
Export of TV and Radio channels and schedules fails.
Export pop-up message stays on screen until application is closed by user.
No 'export.xml' is written to the specified (standard-)folder.

error.log information:
Code:
2013-02-27 06:58:34.996300 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
  bei SetupTv.Sections.ImportExport.Export(String fileName, Boolean exporttv, Boolean exporttvgroups, Boolean exportradio, Boolean exportradiogroups, Boolean exportschedules)
  bei SetupTv.Sections.ImportExport.exportButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Possible fix?

Last edited by a moderator:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi quantentunnel, sorry for the late reply!
    I tried to reproduce this issue, but i can't. Export is working fine here (also with the upcoming 1.3 Final release), so i'll set this to No Bug for now.

If you keep experiencing issues with this, please let us know!

quantentunnel

Portal Member
    January 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't know what caused the issue, but it still is present on my end and I still couldn't find a way to fix it.

I hope the update to 1.3.0 will do something good, since installing 1.2.3 over the existing installation made no change at all. I refrain from uninstalling and reinstalling right now because I don't have much time to redo all the channel ordering and tweaking, in case the database won't push settings back to the TV server after a clean install thus leaving me with a lot of work I can't bother to do at the moment.

Checking the MySQL database didn't show me anything unusual as well (in sense of duplicate or corrupted entries) so I'm quite lost here.

For now, I've made a dump of the database, just to be safe.
    Can't wait for the release of 1.3.0 Final to get my hands on it to try it out!

quantentunnel

Portal Member
    January 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Using the backup plugin made me find the culprit finally!
    It was two entries in the radio channels table that lead into the void (must have been leftovers from one of the many scans I did setting MP up), leaving the exporter clueless and unhappy. The backup settings plugin threw an error telling me the IDs of the entries. Too bad the built-in exporter didn't do this.

Anyway, after I truncated the radio channel table and did a fresh channel scan (luckily I didn't bother to sort radio channels in the first place) the exporter worked like a charm. I'll keep the backup plugin for the migration to 1.3.0 though, just in case.

Thanks for the tip, HomeY! Can be closed/archived.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TNX for the feedback quantentunnel (y)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom