Expressions/Rules requests (1 Viewer)

jimsey

September 7, 2008
Home Country
England England
What parsing rule would i need to include one off series with filenames of the type

BBC.Planet.Earth.1of5.From.Pole.to.Pole.XviD.MP3.www.MVGroup.org.avi

Oops didnt finish...

I have a few series with filenames like that and i know i can manually import them but it would be good if i could get all these series automatically added and series 1 assumed. Also i know i could rename them but i'd rather not, i like to keep the original filenames if possible :)

Many thanks

pgjensen

Portal Pro
May 1, 2008
you need a capture group like: (?<episode>\d{1,2}of\d{1,2}) and series 1 will be assumed (prob in the directory name)

you could do it as (?<episode>\d{1,2}(?:\.\w)?of(?:\.\w)?\d{1,2}) to allow 1 of 5 and 1.of.5 in addition to 1of5

thrawnarn

Portal Member
October 6, 2007
I need help with a very simple regexp, its simple to someone who know but difficult for me =)

idol.2008.e01.xvid-remain.avi

idol.2008 (series name, that means no season in the title.)

EDIT:
solved it by putting the episodes in a folder called 'Season 1' and using this expression which I found in this thread.
Code:
Season (?<season>[0-9])[\\](?<series>[\w.]*)\.e(?<episode>[0-9]*)(?:[-.\w])*\.(?<ext>[^\\]{0,3})

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have a MP set to record my shows, in subdirs, for example:

Recordings\HD-Fringe - 818 FOXHE\HD-Fringe (2008-09-09).ts

For some reason, TVSeries skips these files completely (shows red in test). I tried a filter for "HD-" is changed to <empty> but it is still ignored. I noticed my non "HD-" recordings get scanned in. Also, is it possible to use date in filename as an indicator for episode info?

brooksmarlin

September 10, 2008
    My TV shows are set up thusly (ripped from DVD):

\Videos\Mad Men\Season 1\episode1.mp4

After having set \Videos as the home directory, I was thinking the following expression would work:

<series>\Season <season>\episode<episode>.<ext>

But it's not picking it up. What am I doing wrong? What is the correct expression for my file system?

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    After some serious attempts, I finally had to install all my TV series into a single root folder on each drive partition where TV series are stored.

ie. H:\TV Shows H-Drive\Babylon 5\Season 1\1.02-Soul Hunter.mkv {the H-Drive is for ease of browsing with my networked client HTPC}.

I used the following simple expression: <series>\Season <season>\<season>.<episode>-<title>.<ext>

For the slightly more abnormally named Stargate SG1 episodes: eg. J:\TV Shows J-Drive\Season 1\A3-Enemy Within.mkv

I used: <series>\Season <season>\A.<episode>-<title>.<ext>

For the second season, I simply replaced the A with B; season 3 = C etc.

Just wish the parsing would recognise the DVD series so I can get the episode & plot summaries. But that's for another thread.

My TV shows are set up thusly (ripped from DVD):

\Videos\Mad Men\Season 1\episode1.mp4

After having set \Videos as the home directory, I was thinking the following expression would work:

<series>\Season <season>\episode<episode>.<ext>

But it's not picking it up. What am I doing wrong? What is the correct expression for my file system?
    Just quickly looking at your expression, is \episode... a misprint in your post, or is it spelt in lower case in your config as well? Also, there is no space after the episode I have put in bold. It should be

<series>\Season <season>\Episode <episode>.<ext>

pgjensen

Portal Pro
    May 1, 2008
    this is pretty easy actually... you just need a separate expression ABOVE your current one that isn't recognizing it properly.

it needs to be in the format:

.*[sS](?<season>\d{1,2})[eE](?<episode>\d{1,2})[eE]?(?<episode2>\d{1,2})?.*

the .* at the beg. and end can be replaced with however your folder structures are and episode naming, etc.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    HI all, need some help with a expression for the new 90210 series.

I have a file named like : 90210.s01e01e02.....

problem is that mp-tvseries recognizes it like this:
    Parsed series name: 9
    Season ID: 02
    Episode ID: 10

can anyone give me some advice on how to fix this?

Same problem

/me too!!

What to do ?

Waiting for a solution as well....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom