Expressions/Rules requests (2 Viewers)

niels37

Portal Pro
February 24, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello all,

Did a new install of win7 and mediaportal 1.7.
Now i installed TVseries.............and yes i do have a problem which i can't find the answer for anymore.

I have tvshows on dvd ( .ts .ifo files in VIDEO_TS Folder) which contain several episodes of season 1 etc etc.
Ofcourse i want to import them ;-)
Who knows the parsingrule for this , and how to import the dvds in tvseries in mediaportal?
I still don't understand the parsingrules unfortuanally its been way too long ago.
Can someone point me in the right direction ? HOW the rules work link or wiki orso is fine.

I had it "working" , well i saw a season with episods in it ( each episode was a dvd so the info wasn't correct) Never ever got it better working than that. Unfortuanally i don't know anymore how i got this far.

Thanks in advance !

Although this is not the forum for it ; Anyone got onlinevideo's working / installed in mediaportal 1.7 pre ?

Niels37

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've been having some issues with an expression that can import a single file with three or more episodes in it

MP-TVSeries *ONLY* supports single episode files, or double episode files.

So you are out of luck for an easy fix.

There are however countless tools available that allow you to split a single file into seperate files, without a need to re-encode the codecs, so very quickly you can turn that one file with 3 episodes into three seperate files, or two. Hard links are an alternative to import all episodes correct, but splitting the files is much easier because then you can directly view 1x03 without first having to load 1x01 and skipping to the right position on a S01E01+02+03 single file scenario.

This is a pitty
    I have a similiar problem with iso files, containing several episodes.
    EDIT:
    Just seen the discussion before for hardlinks. So looks like there is no real alternative at and now or in future

Cheers,

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Just seen the discussion before for hardlinks. So looks like there is no real alternative at and now or in future

Having a single mediafile containing multiple episodes ruins the experience anyway as you can not play individual episodes directly without going through the ISO menu. There are many tools available to turn an ISO into individual episodes without transcoding. You simply mux the same video and audio codec into a new container such as MKV as fast as your harddisk can copy a file.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Having a single mediafile containing multiple episodes ruins the experience anyway as you can not play individual episodes directly without going through the ISO menu. There are many tools available to turn an ISO into individual episodes without transcoding. You simply mux the same video and audio codec into a new container such as MKV as fast as your harddisk can copy a file.

You are right in case you have no interest to maintain the extras and bonuses

Cheers

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You are right in case you have no interest to maintain the extras and bonuses

You can put those in seperate files just as easy, and the ones that 'aired' have an entry at TheTVdB as well, but most DVD extras sneaked in for a lot of TV shows as well. Besides MKV container format supports bitmap subtitles, DVD chapters, DVD menu structure and multi-streams on audio and video, so technically you can recreate the ISO as-is with MKV, but then keep it at a 1 or 2 episode limit.

Anyway your call, since your ISOs will work fine, and you can just have them added as-is for a single or dual-episode. Via the ISO menu you can then still play all the other episodes.

Sea Monkey

Portal Member
    June 13, 2011
    In the past, I added ISOs as a special episode with a number beyond anything listed in TheTVDB. Then I gave it a custom name with the episode numbering. Eventually, I just ditched full ISOs altogether, as it wasn't worth the trouble.

Sea Monkey

Portal Member
    June 13, 2011
    I have been really having trouble with Season 4 (1999) of The Daily Show. The filenames have air dates in them, but MP-TVseries wants to detect them as Season 19. Even when I delete out Season 19 and run the importer to manually identify the episodes, they don't show up at all in the importer, yet they are back there again in season 19 in the details tab.

It appears that they are also listed in season 4 from previous manual ID, but keep reappearing in 19 as well.

At the moment, I'm just hiding the incorrect listings in Season 19, but this makes S19E2-12 invisible altogether. Even when I list hidden items, the ACTUAL S19E2-12 files don't appear at all!

Update on this. I eventually managed to get these episodes showing up in Season 4 and not Season 19, but then they were showing up in Specials as 'Episode 0'. To get these showing up correctly, I had to manually edit the database and cut/paste CompositeID2 over OriginalComposite and manually set SeasonIndex. Really weird problem I've only encountered with this show.

bhengeveld

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a rather large collection of TV series that used to be on DVDs containing the usual multiple episodes. Using the program DVD2one I took out the separate episodes from the DVD's. Every episode has its own VIDEO_TS.IFO file. (for instance the first episode of season 1 of the series '24' would be: 24\Season 01\01\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO I added the parsing rule to TV series: <series>\Season <season>\<episode>\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO

I've been a BIG fan of the TV series plugin from the get go, and It used to work flawlessly, but since the last upgrade TV series will not pick up the series name and episode info.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have a rather large collection of TV series that used to be on DVDs containing the usual multiple episodes. Using the program DVD2one I took out the separate episodes from the DVD's. Every episode has its own VIDEO_TS.IFO file. (for instance the first episode of season 1 of the series '24' would be: 24\Season 01\01\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO I added the parsing rule to TV series: <series>\Season <season>\<episode>\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO

I've been a BIG fan of the TV series plugin from the get go, and It used to work flawlessly, but since the last upgrade TV series will not pick up the series name and episode info.

New parsing rules might have been added or modified. Normally 'reset' button is required to activate the update once you make custom modifications, but perhaps things went wrong.

Hit the reset button, and add your parsing rule at the top. If that is your only file naming scheme, then out of risk of false positives you should remove all the other expressions.

bhengeveld

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    New parsing rules might have been added or modified. Normally 'reset' button is required to activate the update once you make custom modifications, but perhaps things went wrong.

Hit the reset button, and add your parsing rule at the top. If that is your only file naming scheme, then out of risk of false positives you should remove all the other expressions.

Thank you for a swift reaction RoChess. But still no luck, it just won't recognize the series name... I'm using MP 1.7.1 hotfix. I've tried rolling back to a previous version of TV series, resetting/adding the parsing expressions and deleting the other ones... Are there certain files/logs that might help in checking what's going wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom