Shurik

Portal Pro
December 13, 2006
Alberta
Home Country
Canada Canada
I'm using the following regex to parse my tv series:

Code:
(?<series>[^\\$]+)(?:(?:\\(?:Season?)?[ .-]?[0-2]?[0-9])?\\s?(?<season>[0-2]?[0-9])|\\(?:(?:Season?)[ .-])?(?<season>[0-2]?[0-9])\\[^\\]*?)[ex]?(?<episode>\d\d+)(?:[ .+-]e?(?<episode2>\d\d+))?(?:[ -.]+(?<title>(?![^\\]*?sample)[^$]*?))?\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

However I'm having problems with triple digit episodes:

SeriesName\Season 1\056. Episode.ext

056 is being split into 0 for Season and 56 for Episode, while I need it to be parsed as 056.

I also have some episodes named: s01e10.Title.ext, so I couldn't easily fix this error by removing a part of regex.

I would really appreciate if I could get some help with regex expressions that would cover my files. I tried to find something similar in this thread, but couldn't.

Linton9

Portal Member
January 29, 2012
Home Country
Gday,

I'm having problems parsing BBC.Earthflight.2of6.Africa.PDTV.x264.AC3.MVGroup.org.mkv and similar BBC docos.
These specials are usually just one season, but this season number is not in the filename...

I'm not sure how to write a script to deal with it...

Thanks for your help.

l33tDad

Portal Member
January 22, 2012
Southern Tier of NY State
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Am having difficulty importing TV series and know very little about RegExp, can someone give me a push in the right direction? My directory structures are as follows:

\series name\season X\SxxExx - EpisodeTitle.Ext

and

\series name\SxxExx - EpisodeTitle.Ext

NOTE:: SxxExx represents Season number and Episode number within that season.
For example:
\Farscape\Season 1\s01e01 - Premiere.avi
and
\The IT Crowd\s01e01 - Yesterday's Jam.avi

I don't deviate from that structure...

Joco

Portal Member
November 12, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello.

I have been learning RegExp to use with the My TV Series plugin to parse TV show data from file/folder structure and name. I have been going through the regular-expressions.info tutorial to learn but I am still having a bit of trouble. I apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum.

I organize my shows as such:
\\SERVER\X\shows\Family Guy\S06\E01 - Blue Harvest.avi

I want to extract the series name, season number, episode number, episode title, and file extension. I have managed to construct this fella:

S(?<season>[0-9][0-9])\\E(?<episode>[0-9][0-9])

This can manage to get the episode and season number correctly. I cannot seem to manage to make an expression that will properly parse the series name, file extension, or episode name. Please help.

John

Katharsis

Portal Member
November 4, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
I´m getting maaaaad so plz can someone give me an expression for My TVSeries:

Inside ForTheRecord Management Console (Recording Filename Formats):
%%TITLE%%\%%TITLE%% (%%EPISODETITLE%%)-S%%SERIES2%%E%%EPISODENUMBER3%%-%%DATE%%-%%HOURS%%-%%MINUTES%%

Which looks this:
The Flintstones\The Flintstones (Son of Rockzilla)-S04E024-2012-02-29-16-00

I tried around for hours now but i´m giving it up being two steps for suizide;)

Regards
Katharsis

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    nside ForTheRecord Management Console (Recording Filename Formats):
    %%TITLE%%\%%TITLE%% (%%EPISODETITLE%%)-S%%SERIES2%%E%%EPISODENUMBER3%%-%%DATE%%-%%HOURS%%-%%MINUTES%%

And can you change that to:
    %%TITLE%%\%%TITLE%% - S%%SERIES2%%E%%EPISODENUMBER3%% - %%EPISODETITLE%% (%%DATE%%-%%HOURS%%-%%MINUTES%%)

Because then you have all the same info, in a different style that is fully supported by the default expressions. Otherwise you have to adjust the RegularExpression, which is a lot harder to do.

Katharsis

Portal Member
    November 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now i set the recording file formats back to default in ForTheRecord Management Console and also the default in My Tvseries under Parsing Expressions but my new testrecording is not parsed right. Is this because i´m using ForTheRecord? With defaults no Episodes (Exxx) etc. are parsed because they are not written into the filename.

If someone could "translate" this %%TITLE%%\%%TITLE%% - S%%SERIES2%%E%%EPISODENUMBER3%% - %%EPISODETITLE%% (%%DATE%%-%%HOURS%%-%%MINUTES%%)
    into a fitting parsing expression for My TVSeries, i would be very happy because i don´t understand the exact syntax to put this things together...

So pleeeease someone help me!!!

Regards
    Katharsis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom