[Blog] Extend your horizons (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    try a different video, some videos don't transcode well .change streaming mode under settings to non direct. you can still install flash for Android check google. to install ampdroid you can follow the links given. both are outside the scope of this article which only deals with webmp and MP extended.

Last edited:

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thx for the reply. Changing the video streaming mode to Flash LQ worked ok for TV Recordings, but not for TV Series.
    All my TV Series episodes are encoded in h264 MKV, but when trying to stream\view in WebMediaPortal i get this error :

Video not found:
    /Stream/TVEpisode?item=79168_2x7&transcoder=Flash%20LQ&continuationid=385858%starttime=0

Any ideas/suggestions ??

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thx for the reply. Changing the video streaming mode to Flash LQ worked ok for TV Recordings, but not for TV Series. All my TV Series episodes are encoded in h264 MKV, but when trying to stream\view in WebMediaPortal i get this error :Video not found: /Stream/TVEpisode?item=79168_2x7&transcoder=Flash%20LQ&continuationid=385858%starttime=0
    Restart both your PCs. If still problems ask in here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/mpextended.555/ Also when you post your thread you need to supply information like. Which PC is WebMP+MPExtended on. Which PC is MP Client on. Where are your media files stored (local vs NAS). Where are you trying to stream from. Post logs, etc...

Last edited:

Nicoolai

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Looks very nice, but I'm having some trouble getting it to save mvcentral and moving pictures database paths.
    Where does it store this configuration? Can I just put in the paths manual?

Whenever I change the combobox to one of the other plugins, it seems to reset these 2.

Edit: Aah nevermind, it was in programdata, of course :)[DOUBLEPOST=1372435716][/DOUBLEPOST]Is there a way to get thumbnails on 'moving pictures' movies, like there is on tv series?

Last edited:

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Would I be barking up the wrong tree if I expected this to work with iOS - Apple devices?
    http streaming should work, right?[DOUBLEPOST=1372453310][/DOUBLEPOST]After configuring a username / password in the mpextended section, you also must restart the webservices! Otherwise it won't work and you end up getting errors like @vvulture .

I was getting those as well, after the restart of the services it worked.

Nicoolai

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Would I be barking up the wrong tree if I expected this to work with iOS - Apple devices?
    http streaming should work, right?[DOUBLEPOST=1372453310][/DOUBLEPOST]After configuring a username / password in the mpextended section, you also must restart the webservices! Otherwise it won't work and you end up getting errors like @vvulture .

I was getting those as well, after the restart of the services it worked.

Yea, I can confirm. HTTP stream works for my iphone.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    does any1 have a haswell CPU yet and try webmp with quicksync to encode yet?

JJayzon

Portal Member
    November 19, 2011
    Massachussetts
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is so cool! I have one question is there the capability for it to keep track of what I have watched and pick up where I left off, if I have to leave a move or show and come back at a later time?

Users who are viewing this thread