extended MP 1.1 Disaster Edition includes more features and fixes by me (3 Viewers)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    wouter1971
    no problem - at least for me latest MP SVN is running fine but i cannot release it until the dev team does this... sorry

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @wouter1971
    no problem - at least for me latest MP SVN is running fine but i cannot release it until the dev team does this... sorry

On just plain Win7 x64 RTM 7600:
    Physical DVD playback gives total FREEZE on MP.
    Recording in background makes LiveTV freeze. And recordings are empty (2 minutes each)
    Zapping gives "cannot start graph" or "unknown error".
    Retuning Satellite is not working, major transponder nothing found.

Enough to drive my wife insane :) So made a dual boot to XP (prod 1.0.2.) and Win7 x64 for testing purposes.
    If MP on Win7 x64 is mature i will switch.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mhm at least for me MP runs without any problems on Win7 x64 RTM 7600. I just installed SAF 4 RC1 + MP - have it running since 2 weeks or so.

sand

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    disaster123

when i install 4therecord beta 1.1 packgaes it throws error that mediaportal client and server versions are different.

Basically the problem is only in version number of dummy 4therecord tvplugin - it should should be changed (i tried with hex editor but after that I have blanks for version when starting mp client and still same message).

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    @wouter1971

On just plain Win7 x64 RTM 7600:
    Physical DVD playback gives total FREEZE on MP.
    Recording in background makes LiveTV freeze. And recordings are empty (2 minutes each)
    Zapping gives "cannot start graph" or "unknown error".
    Retuning Satellite is not working, major transponder nothing found.

Enough to drive my wife insane :) So made a dual boot to XP (prod 1.0.2.) and Win7 x64 for testing purposes.
    If MP on Win7 x64 is mature i will switch.

I don't have any problems using Windows 7 x64. Windows 7 gives every PC a nice boost - compared to Vista. I have also bought a 64 GByte SSD (Supertalent). Windows 7 just flies away, amazing speedy booting times :)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't have any problems using Windows 7 x64. Windows 7 gives every PC a nice boost - compared to Vista. I have also bought a 64 GByte SSD (Supertalent). Windows 7 just flies away, amazing speedy booting times :)

Don't have problems with Win7 either :) Just MP on it makes it not workable. :sorry:

sand

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    i've made changes to 4therecord tvplugin.dll so you can use it with disaster MP (only version was changed) in
    case anyone is interested

jestermgee

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2008
    In a house
    Home Country
    This looks like what I need.... I think?

I have been using MP in single seat for almost 2 years and have had rarely an issue. I only use MP for recording and watching TV using a dual DVT tuner.

I have now decided to setup the tuners on my server and setup my HTPC as a client. All has been done, just ironing out the bugs now.

One thing I knew you couldnt do was use comskip files to skip commercials on the clients.

Is this project a "recompile" of the MP releases with additional features that allow comskip files to work on a client? Looks like it but just want to make sure.

I have installed the 1.1.0.0 Alpha install at the moment.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is this project a "recompile" of the MP releases with additional features that allow comskip files to work on a client? Looks like it but just want to make sure.
    Yes it is :) I'll upload a new Version based on latest SVN in a few seconds.

New SVN Version UP on first page!

@sand
    perhaps you can send it so me via pm then i will attach it to first post.

jestermgee

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2008
    In a house
    Home Country
    disaster123 said:
    Yes it is :) I'll upload a new Version based on latest SVN in a few seconds.

New SVN Version UP on first page!

Yahoooo!

Lucky I didn't have too much to do at work today and had time to run through the forum and find this one. Too bad I have to take off tonight for work training over the weekend so won't have time to try but very excited to see if this works.

Just one thing that someone in this thread may be able to clear up. Since setting up my multi-seat installation I have it all working but playback of both live TV and recorded TV (in the TV screen) causes small skips every so often (every 1-2 minutes). I know the video files are fine as they have been migrated over from my HTPC and when I rewind and replay the footage, skips aren't in the same place.

Is this another issue of the RTSP method of streaming? I have read the thread over here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-avoiding-rtsp-multiseat-mode-test-plz-36735/

I am not fully up with the way it all works/is done as I only started looking into all this lastnight and trying to iron all this out.

FYI, my HTPC machine is a dual core 2.6GHz, 2GB Ram, Nvidia 8600GT
    Server is a Dual Core 2.8Ghz, 2GB Ram, 2 dual tuner cards

The specs on both machines should be plenty for stutter free operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom