extended MP 1.1 Disaster Edition includes more features and fixes by me (1 Viewer)

jestermgee

Portal Pro
February 23, 2008
In a house
Home Country
Thanks for the reply but I have it working now :D

The issue was the location of the files. I did a test with the following direct path to my recorded files:
<entry name="recordingpath">\\SERVER\Recordings\Recording</entry>

When I viewed the MediaPortal.log file it said it was trying to read from:

\\SERVER\Recordings\Recording\Recording

I needed to have the ROOT path to my recordings drive, not the absolute path to the directory. So after removing the \Recording directory from the recordingpath, it played the file AND comskip kicked in just as before.

This has now basically got my multi-seat setup operating exactly how it did in single-seat setup :D

:D

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    my idea was to release a new version when the livetv bug is fixed. And it is still not fixed... :-( livetv is stopping from time to time

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey disaster,

I was finally able to track down the remote control issue. When doing a fresh install of your release, everything works just fine. The problem begins when I go into MediaPortal Config. When I go to the plugins part of the config, this error pops up:

Code:
    2009-10-01 13:23:34.024658 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception while loading GUIWindows instances: MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFullscreen
    2009-10-01 13:23:34.025658 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    2009-10-01 13:23:34.026658 [ERROR][MPMain]:    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)

After this error, when I load MP again, I see the remote control issues and cannot use arrow keys to skip forward or backwards on videos (and a few other functions stop working as well). This error will pop up even if I have no additional plugins installed. After I get the error, I never can restore remote control functions, even if I reenable remote support. Any idea why it is causing some MCE remote functions to fail?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i'm really sorry but i haven't changed anything regarding these functions or things.

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    So I assume this must happen if I were to do a regular SVN patch? I will go ahead and test that then.

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    Ok confirmed. Is a compatibility issue with the Mediaportal.Gui.Video.Guivideo.Fullscreen plugin. Looks like it has been reported as well. Still not sure why this is causing some MCE remote functions to stop working in Windows 7. Hopefully they'll have this fixed in the next SVN release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom