Extensions: A GUI Plugin for MediaPortal's MPEI Installer (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: Extensions Plugin for MpeInstaller (Updated on 08-11-2010)

1. 'Ampersand' character is not displayed in list.
    Fixed

2. Summary contains HTML characters and is not complete.
    Fixed.

When browsing list, it only shows a cut-off summary. When you enter the details for the selected extension then the whole summary is retrieved. Is this by design to save bandwidth and time?

3. Change Log button is enabled when there is no change log, well actually there is an external one but im guessing you cant do anything with that.
    Change Log button still doesnt do anything when no change log is available...suggest a GUIDialogOK:

"No Change Log currently available"

Or Make the button disabled (prefer disabled over hidden).

4. Dialog Restart sets dialog text on Line 3, I recommend Line 1. Also I suggest you re-word text to the following:

dlg.Line(1,"This Operation will restart MediaPortal. Do you");
    dlg.Line(2, "wish to continue?");
    Fixed.

5. Dialog Silent Install sets dialog text on Line 2, I recommend Line 1. Also I suggest you re-word text to the following:

dlg.Line(1,"Would you like to run installer in Silent mode?");
    NOT Fixed, still shows as before.

6. #itemcount is empty always in facade.
    Still nothing displayed here.

Note: Testing done using MP-TVSeries from mp-online repository.

collaborator

Portal Pro
    October 2, 2007
    Basel
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Re: Extensions Plugin for MpeInstaller (Updated on 20-11-2010)

I upgraded from 1.1.0 to 1.1.2 and extensions does not list any plugin anymore.

Where can start to investigate ?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

collaborator - Do the plugins list in MPEInstaller? That's the first place to investigate. If you can open MPEinstaller, and update the extensions, then check the Extenstions plugin again. If they do not list in MPEInstaller, then try deleting your Temp folder.

That's a start at least. If you give more details, maybe Dukus can help more.

gingertom

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    England England

I also have the same problem. No plugins are now being listed. Is there a file some where, that I can delete, which will force a new scan of what I have installed. Thankyou.

Edit - I have version 0.0.5.7 installed.

Disore

Portal Pro
    February 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I'm including extension_settings.xml in my setup. It has the following content:

<extension_settings>
    <disable_entry>
    <setting entryname="plugins" name="Axis Cameras" displayname="Plugin Enabled" defaultvalue="yes" type="string" listvalues="yes|no" displaylistvalues="Yes|No"/>
    </disable_entry>
    <settings section="Plugin">
    <setting entryname="plugins" name="Axis Cameras" displayname="Plugin Enabled" defaultvalue="yes" type="string" listvalues="yes|no" displaylistvalues="Yes|No"/>
    <setting entryname="home" name="Axis Cameras" displayname="Listed in Home" defaultvalue="no" type="string" listvalues="yes|no" displaylistvalues="Yes|No"/>
    <setting entryname="myplugins" name="Axis Cameras" displayname="Listed in My Plugins" defaultvalue="yes" type="string" listvalues="yes|no" displaylistvalues="Yes|No"/>
    </settings>
    </extension_settings>

However, after installing the plugin (is not installed through the MediaPortal Extension Installer, but rather by double-clicking the installation file) it doesn't seem that my settings are stored in MediaPortal.xml. My plugin is not mentioned at all in this file. Starting MP won't display my plugin either.

By opening MediaPortal Configuration, it seems to find my plugin and entries are added to MediaPortal.xml, however not with the settings I specified in my extension_settings.xml. Am I doing something wrong?

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hello,

does enybody know if this plugin is compatible with Mediaportal 1.2.0 beta??

Grtz

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Re: Extensions Plugin for MpeInstaller (Updated on 25-01-2011)

You can download from first post, should work with latest SVN

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Extensions Plugin for MpeInstaller (Updated on 25-01-2011)

Thx! Just realized you need a very recent SVN (27804 is too old ;) ) working now.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would love to have a new feature:

Check the _loadParameter in your OnPageLoad method, so I can call window (id 804 it is I think) with a parameter of my plugin's guid. This enables every plugin to add a simple "Settings" button to its xml that opens a settings window.

From the code it looks like you are using SettingsFile property right now, so simply using the _loadParameter instead and a guid would make this happen I think ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom