"Extra" buttons on HP MCE remote (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Forinor is running 1.12 - I believe that this folder was introduced with 1.13pre only.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Forinor is running 1.12 - I believe that this folder was introduced with 1.13pre only.
    I am running MP 1.12 too, and it is certainly there for me (it was in 1.09 as well!).

I think that @Dr Forinor may need to run "MP Config", go to the section labelled "Remotes and Other Input Devices", and check that either "Generic HID" or "Microsoft MCE" is enabled (but not both). Then, for whichever one is enabled, click the "Mappings" button to go to the "Mappings" panel. I think (not sure) that this will cause MP to create the relevant folder, and place the default config file for the remote in that folder.

Actually, @Dr Forinor should probably be using the "Mappings" panel to modify the config file for the remote, rather than trying to edit the xml file directly (but this depends on what changes are wanted).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    @CyberSimian I want the Eject button on my remote to eject the Optical drive, no matter where I am in MP, but honestly, I am absolutely lost, even in the "Mapping" section... :(

I feel like saying "someone hold my hand through this" but that obviously doesn't happen :LOL:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For MP only usage you can customize it as follow, I've not tested if it actually works:
    upload_2016-1-18_15-46-10.png

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Would it not be simpler to just go through the Mapping section in Remotes via Configuration?

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    For MP only usage you can customize it as follow, I've not tested if it actually works:
    View attachment 174935
    Ok, that didn't work for me, but I now have the "InputDeviceMappings" folder, but instead I have a "Generic-HID.xml", I assume the editing will be the same as per the Microsoft MCE.xml file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom