"Extra" buttons on HP MCE remote | Page 3

Discussion in 'Input/Output Interfaces' started by tony72, October 11, 2013.

1. Dr Forinor

Dr Forinor Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +30 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    So we need someone to reply to say they have used the MP Eject, to see if it actually works?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Stéphane Lenclud Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,265 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Dr Forinor

Dr Forinor Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +30 / 3
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    I will give it a try, thank you.

5. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +899 / 3
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    I have been developing a revised definition file for the Centarea HID recently, and the Ortek remote has some spare buttons, so I thought that I would try defining the asterisk button to be "EjectCD". Sadly it did not work -- nothing happens. :(

To eliminate the possibility that there is a mistake in my Centarea HID file, I changed from that to Generic HID, and defined the "Aspect Ratio" button on my WMC-compatible remote so that it issued the "EjectCD" command. Sadly, that didn't work either. :( :( I know from previous use that the "Aspect Ratio" button is recognised by the Generic HID, so it must be related to the "EjectCD" function.

@Stéphane Lenclud any ideas? Does this need to be raised as a bug? (I was using MP 1.12, but I think that @Dr Forinor is now using MP 1.13 and has the same problem.)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

6. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +1,265 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I did not know MP had this eject functionality so I never used it. Is there not some place in the config where you have to define the drive letter for your optical drive?

Also it's not really an MP function since it's something you need to be able to use even when MP is not running. My HTPC needed that cause the eject button of the slot-in drive is not accessible and always going to explorer is a pain. So I implemented that in my Sharp Display Manager. If I was to add this functionality to MP I would put it in MP Tray.

7. Sebastiii
    • Team MediaPortal

Sebastiii Development Group

Ratings:
    +10,150 / 9
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    It's possible to going to the folder by clicking on : 'User Config files' from MP configuration :)

upload_2016-1-19_0-7-4.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +899 / 3
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    In "MP Config", "Videos" section, "Video Folders" sub-section, my CD/DVD drive is listed (I have enabled the setting "Automatically add optical disk drives").

In MP, I have the "Videos" panel set to shares view, and that lists my CD/DVD drive (and shows the name of the DVD, if one is loaded).

Some time ago I connected a USB CD/DVD drive, and then MP listed both the internal drive and the USB drive. Thinking about this prompted the following thought experiment: if both drives are loaded with disks and I press the "Eject" button on the remote, which disk is supposed to be ejected? :confused: That led me to try the following.

On the "Videos" panel in shares view, I moved the focus to the line for the CD/DVD drive, and then I pressed the "Eject" button on the remote. You can see that in this scenario there is no ambiguity as to which disk should be ejected -- it is the one with the focus -- but still nothing happened. :eek:

This seems wrong, not least because if the CD/DVD drive has the focus, the Context menu does show an "Eject" choice, and that choice works! (y) (If the DVD drawer is open, the Context menu also shows a "Load" choice, and that choice works too (y).)

Perhaps the "Eject" function on the remote control is something that worked once upon a time, but which stopped working some unknown number of releases ago. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +1,265 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Interesting maybe I should take a look at the implementation as I was struggling to code this myself :)

Since there was no default binding for those we can assume it got very little testing.

10. Dr Forinor

Dr Forinor Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +30 / 3
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Yes,that works perfect for me, but still not what I want, as the button on the remote doesn't work :LOL:

11. tony72
    • Premium Supporter

tony72 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Show System Specs
    Yes, I think that may be the case. When I started this thread however long ago, the mapped eject button definitely worked as expected. I did notice that it had stopped working a while back with my system, but as I don't often use optical discs, I had no clue when it had stopped working. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, and I didn't want to file a bug report without knowing what version it had occurred in (if it is a bug), so I was at some point going to install some old versions on a test machine to try and figure that out, never got around to it though.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!