"Failed to locate assembly log4net ..." Message in MP Configuration (1 Viewer)

spenca

Portal Pro
December 19, 2006
Home Country
Austria Austria
MediaPortal Version: 1.4.0

Description
Hi all!
I've updated MP from 1.3.0 to 1.4.0. During the Update Process I've got a Download Error when downloading Titan Extended. It stopped the Update immediately. When I now start the configuration and want to save it again, I got:
Failed to locate assembly log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b44e1d426115821'.
Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the Mediaportal Folder, the execution will now end.
In the version overview I see that Titan Extended Plugin ist still 1.3.x.
Could this be a bug? I will update Titan Extended manually an report back if this helps.
Greetings!
Mario

Steps to Reproduce:
Update only MP and MP server with letting Titan Extended skin in old version.
Start MP Configuration, go to Plugins --> error
Start MP Configuration, klick OK to save --> error

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
October 11, 2007
I had this error on my dads setup a while ago. For some reason the file log4net.dll was missing from the install-folder.
I'm attaching the dll and the config-file if you need to replace it. It should go here. C:\Program Files\Team-Mediaportal\Mediaportal\.

Attachments

• log4net.zip
    89.9 KB

spenca

Portal Pro
December 19, 2006
Home Country
Austria Austria
I had this error on my dads setup a while ago. For some reason the file log4net.dll was missing from the install-folder.
I'm attaching the dll and the config-file if you need to replace it. It should go here. C:\Program Files\Team-Mediaportal\Mediaportal\.

Hi Ravenrock,

interesting! I will also check this file out! Could this be a bug of MP Installer?

Thx!!

Mario

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If this not helps you need to install the latest OnlineVideos plugin. :)

spenca

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi all!

Ive updated all the plugins incl. the Titan Extended, it works now!

Thx for help!!

Mario

tandoni

Portal Member
    August 13, 2010
    Hi,
    I'm having the same problem except it says: failed to locate bass.net version 2.4.7.0
    I get this message when I try to access plugins from Media Portal configuration.
    Any suggestions?

rexdog

Portal Member
    January 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    I'm having the same problem except it says: failed to locate bass.net version 2.4.7.0
    I get this message when I try to access plugins from Media Portal configuration.
    Any suggestions?

I also have this same issue. Tried re-installing MP 1.4, updated all plugins, restarted still occuring

Only happens when I try to open plugins in config manager.

Did anyone find a solution?

spenca

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,
    Any suggestions?

I also have this same issue. Tried re-installing MP 1.4, updated all plugins, restarted still occuring

Only happens when I try to open plugins in config manager.

Did anyone find a solution?

... try to update to MP 1.5 ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom