Failed to startup tvservice (2 Viewers)

srthimsen

Portal Member
February 7, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Attempting to clean-install 1.19.0 TV-server standalone, but receiving the attached error as installation is finishing (or whenever attempting to open TV-Server Configuration).

I uninstalled MediaPortal with the "delete everything" option (to remove any old database, etc.), along with uninstalling MySql 5, then reinstalled. Same error.

Attachments

• Untitled picture.png
    Untitled picture.png
    23.9 KB

srthimsen

Portal Member
February 7, 2017
Home Country

srthimsen

Portal Member
February 7, 2017
Home Country
Unfortunately, I'm unable to open the TVServer configuration program.

Would that port be used because I have NextPVR installed still? I was hoping to not delete it until I got MP running and tested.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You most likely don't need to uninstall NextPVR. Stopping the service and disable the autostart should be enough. But I never used NextPVR before (always wanted to try but never found the time) so I only can guess...

srthimsen

Portal Member
    February 7, 2017
    Home Country
    This is really strange.

I stopped the NPVR service, reinstalled MP fresh, and still having the same error I originally posted the picture of happen.

I had installed MP last year, on this machine, with no issues (other than it wasn't working well with Emby at that point, so I uninstalled it). So really confused why I can't even open the TV Configurator.

[UPDATE]
    I tried uninstalling NPVR entirely, preventing Emby from starting automatically, rebooting, disconnecting the USB tuner from the computer and doing a clean installation of MP. Still same error.
    I'm going to try installing drivers for the tuner again, on the off chance that's preventing things from working.

Last edited:

srthimsen

Portal Member
    February 7, 2017
    Home Country
    @azzuro Thanks for the heads up about port 554. I found that's also a port used by some other software on my computer. I'm unable to adjust the port that software uses - is there a method to change the port in MP via a configuration file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom