Failed to startup tvserviceSystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection (1 Viewer)

hamisht

Portal Member
February 2, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks very much for the suggestions, its greatly appreciated.

Although you stated you already tried it, make sure you followed the "defender breaks localhost" steps to the letter. Make sure the file you edit is called host - WITHOUT any extension. Is your Explorer/MyComputer configured to show all file extensions? If not, one might be under the impression that there is no extension but in the mean time Notepad saved it as .txt. Unlikely, but just make sure.
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/windows-defender-breaks-localhost-56258/

Definitely followed exactly, file is identical, even tried deleting and creating a new file. It worked the first time I added the lines, but when i stupidly quit out of the configuration before tuning the signal, Tv-Server Configuration didnt open again.

I will try this out straight away.. but just reading about this, it sounds like i have to be already able to get into Tv-Server Configuration to change details?

Running on an administrator account? If not, try and see if there is a difference.

First thing I tried :)

have read them a few times during this period :( I mean, someone must have written this error for MP surely?

hamisht

Portal Member
February 2, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I officially give up. Adios Amigo. I would say to leave this thread (dont delete it) as someone from MP might come across it and decide to give it a look.

hamisht

Portal Member
February 2, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
tv.log was okay.
Pretty sure it's some OS issue (Antivirus/Firewall, DHCP, unreliable NIC, etc).

I uninstalled Eset Nod32 and TV-Server Configuration opened. thank you! now I just have to find another Anti-Virus program. Which one do you use?

ROFLMAO after all that, it doesnt pick up any channels LMAO

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    tv.log was okay.
    Pretty sure it's some OS issue (Antivirus/Firewall, DHCP, unreliable NIC, etc).

I uninstalled Eset Nod32 and TV-Server Configuration opened. thank you! now I just have to find another Anti-Virus program. Which one do you use?

ROFLMAO after all that, it doesnt pick up any channels LMAO

I am using NOD32 / SmartSecurity myself - just make sure to configure the integrated Firewall (which is Outpost) correctly or disable it and rely on the Windows Firewall. On a HTPC the realtime file monitor alone should provide you with more than enough security.

Finally there are "free for personal use alternatives" like AVG (updates sometimes fail) and Avast.

Your tuning troubles should be easy to sort out. If this would be a country specific problem I am sure the Kiwis here are able to help you ;)

hamisht

Portal Member
    February 2, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    oh right! i didnt know Nod32 had a firewall in itself. thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom