Fanart cycle glitch when switching back to Basic Home menu (1 Viewer)

zubovsergei

Portal Member
January 26, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey wasn't sure how to search for this issue maybe it was addressed before. I am using latest everything using Xfactor skin, TV series, Moving Pics, and Fanart handler.

After loading MP, I go to either Movies or TV series. If I switch back to Home to go somewhere else like Pictures, etc, the fanart backgrounds cycle really quickly fading in-between until it finally settles on the proper fanart it is supposed to show. Even though the selection is on Movies or TV series, it cycles through fanart that belongs to other menus, until it settles on proper fanart that belongs to whatever menu you have selection on.

It's not a major thing but ....

Sergei

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
me 3, hope this issue can be addressed. I had noticed this, but was distracted by all the other great things about this skin.:D

I have only switched over to this skin in the last 2-3 weeks, and I have to say I am blown away by it. It is very slick. Big thanks to cul8er for all the development work!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi guys

I am also using this skin about 80% of the time.
    Have not seen this behavior.

Maybe it will help if each of you can give more system detail.
    Make sure the log level is set to DEBUG in the MP Config application and zip & attach all log files after reproducing the issue.
    Someone can then maybe pick up the similarity on your systems.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    :oops: I spoke to soon, my wife just reported same. Will see if I can reproduce later...

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: Fanart cycle glitch when switching back to Basic Home menu

^ me too.

o so another little thing i have found:
    i hear music and then go to the basic home screen, after a few seconds it automatically switches to the "now playing" screen. that's a beautiful effect. in the GUI configuration from x-factor, i can choice between 3 differents "now playing" layouts. then I noticed it, that this change in the configuration although store for normal "now playing" skin. but not for the new automatical one. maybe its possible to save the personal configuration directly o so to the automatic switch to the "now playing" feature/effect?

bribbon

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    mmmmm, someone played around with my settings...

The following fixed it for me (well looks like it after 10 minutes of testing):
    • Open MP
    • Go to Settings
    • Select X-Factor
    • Select Other
    • Under Animations, select Animations for MP1.1 Beta

Kiwi

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Pukerua Bay
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

Switching to Animations for MP1.1 Beta fixes the issue for me. Switching back to Advanced animation with zoom and the problem re-appears, so its seems to be an issue with this option only.

Mark

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

This is a problem with MP's animations and is unfortunately nothing that I can fix. If you want the advanced animations this glitch will occur. Perhaps it will be fixed in future MP releases. As rekenaar mentioned (thanks), you can use the Beta animations and the problem disappears.

cheers
    cul8er

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom