Fanart Handler Plugin v2.1.1 (and music fanart scraper) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yudicuba

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Re : Fanart Handler Plugin v2.1.1 (and music fanart scraper)

hi every body,
    and thanks for this useful plug in
    i need some help to make it work
    my problem is that Fanart Handler dont download fanarts at all
    i have done a search in the forum and try some options but nothing works
    thanks for some help

my sys 7 x64
    mepo last version
    fanart handler last version
    my music is really good tagged and i have follow a tuto from this site
    for more details here is my log

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re : Fanart Handler Plugin v2.1.1 (and music fanart scraper)

i have done a search in the forum
    Hi,
    you just should have read the post just 3 posts before yours: ;)

Jayhunter said:
    Hi! Just wanted to let you know that htbackdrops is going to be working again soon.

Sorry for that. The host turned off the search because of the havy load it produced. Currently we are moving to a new server location. Hang tight.
    So, looks like it needs just a little bit of patience.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    sorry if this has been asked before.
    Now that we have the nice info service option for mp-tvseries and moving pictures to show the last added item - would something like this be possible for tv/music/... to show last added music albums and last recorded shows ?
    I think this would be a great enhancement and unifying the look of the skins if we have that on most screens.

Thanks
    Joe
    Hi,

This is all implemented in the Fanart Handler version I'm currently testing on my PC. It will allow skinners to display latest movies (moving pictures), tvseries, pictures and music. I implemented this for use in my upcomming 2Level skin (the test group of 2Level has been using this for quite a number of weeks now).

Will be released very soon;)

cheers
    cul8er

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi cul8er, man you are busy! I was away for a month and you have released a new plugin (MPGrooveshark), almost completed a whole new skin, and almost a new release of fanart handler with support for recently added movies/tvseries! Awesome! Do you code in your sleep? :D

I cannot remember, does Fanart Handler support the MyFilms plugin (window ID 7986)? I know video fanart is supported in many video windows, including some plugins, but MyFilms is not on the list in the Skinner's Guide Wiki - Intro of all the windows/plugins Fanart Handler supports. Could you add support for MyFilms? I know the latest version has it's own fanart, but it does not work nearly as nicely (in Main View) as Fanart Handler.

Also, the new MyFilms plugin includes a terrific (imo) scraper for movies. Is there any way this could be incorporated into Fanart Handler to be used in all video windows?

Will support for TV Windows be included in the next release? I know you did discuss adding that a while ago. See Issue 57 in the tracker is marked as done but Still listed as ToBeDecided under milestone!

I added issues to the tracker re supporting MyFilms and adding a video/movie fanart scraper to FH :p

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    If we're on to feature requests - could we add a deletion routine to remove fanart for movies that are no longer available please?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Dadeo,

TV section is allready supported (use the #fanarthandler.movie.backdrop1.selected and #fanarthandler.movie.backdrop2.selected properties as decribed in the changelog v1.10 to 2.0). I will add myFilms in the next release;)

cheers
    cul8er

Gup

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I just noticed that the plug doesnt pickup the latest music backdrops from the htbackdrops site. I added a few artist backdrops (Global Deejays, Freeloaders, Laava). They are added on the site but fanart doesn't pick them up. Something changed for the scraper?

Jayhunter

Portal Member
    November 20, 2007
    Hi!

I just noticed that the plug doesnt pickup the latest music backdrops from the htbackdrops site. I added a few artist backdrops (Global Deejays, Freeloaders, Laava). They are added on the site but fanart doesn't pick them up. Something changed for the scraper?

Thanks for you submissions.
    Old scrapers are currently only served with a legacy version of the database with content up till 09/14/2010 because the page got remodeled and the database cleaned. When I get the time I will look into adding new files to the old DB ... but no promises. For now we'll have to wait for the next version of the plugin to receive newly added files.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jayhunter

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom