Fanart Handler Plugin v2.1.1 (and music fanart scraper) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: Fanart Handler Plugin v1.0 (and music fanart scraper)

Here are screens from my Last.FM. First a couple without zoom/zoomfromtop set Artist Thumbs ... then with. it was impossible to get a good comparison of the aspects. The last one is with Fanart.

Attachments

• LastFMLandscapeThumbNoZoom.png
      LastFMLandscapeThumbNoZoom.png
      409.3 KB
    • LastFMPortaitThumbNoZoom.png
      LastFMPortaitThumbNoZoom.png
      355.7 KB
    • LastFMNoThumb.png
      LastFMNoThumb.png
      348.7 KB
    • LastFMThumbZoom.png
      LastFMThumbZoom.png
      344.7 KB
    • LastFMFanart.png
      LastFMFanart.png
      474.2 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I notice the layout changes in the nowplaying pics, is that done on the fly automatically, or are they 2 different versions that you've done.

mariusau

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2008
    Trondheim
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

htbackdrops has few images for norwegian artists. Anyone know of an alternative to htbackdrops?

cecet23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Hi Cul8er,
    I have attached the log... Thanks in advanced..

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country

I notice the layout changes in the nowplaying pics, is that done on the fly automatically, or are they 2 different versions that you've done.

It changes on the fly... it depends on the fanart present condition. <visible>!control.isvisible(91919294)</visible> The handler and alternate backdrops act similarly, switching between fanart and no-fanart display in both Now Playing and Last.FM

There are sometimes delays in the change, as you noticed in one of your issue reports. I think it has something to do with the size of your fanart collection and the response time of your internet connection. I noticed especially in Last.FM that it doesn't always immediately find an artist thumb in the thumb folder, it will display the no-thumb image momentarily while the thumb is fetched. But also in my Now Playing, it will display one layout or the other, blank (no backdrop), until it discovers whether there is a thumb or fanart. It is only slightly annoying. You can see an example in my Last.FM screen pics above. The last two images are the same song in succession, seconds apart.

Chuck

htbackdrops has few images for norwegian artists. Anyone know of an alternative to htbackdrops?

Encourage your friends to add fanart to HTBackdrops. Google (or whatever) for hi/good quality pics that fanart can be created from. Widescreen/HD backdrops are still fresh and less common than computer desktop backgrounds.

Best regards,

Chuck

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

your visibility tag might not work with 1.1 RC2, because it now displays an image if no fanart is found.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country

I'm using fanart handler 1.1 rc 2... I'm not having that issue. I don't see the 'default.jpg' at all. I didn't select 'use folder'.

Chuck

torrinha

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil

Hi, all!

First of all, thanks for your awesome work, cul8er!
    The X-Factor skin and fanart plugin are just gr8!

Second: I'm having a problem with fanart-handler and the music playing now screen.
    Sometimes the background just changes to the default backdrop (even when I have backdrop for the artist)...
    And the text disappears! The only thing I see is the default backdrop....
    Sometimes only the text disappears, and I see the artist background alone.
    I've tested with both X-Factor and StreamedMP skins.

I tested with versions 1.0 and 1.1 of the plugin.
    I already cleaned up the cache and installed different versions of the NVidia display driver.

My logs are attached. I get a lot of:
    [ERROR][MPMain]: render exception:confused:ystem.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.CachedTexture.FontEngineDrawTexture(Int32 textureNo, Single x, Single y, Single nw, Single nh, Single uoff, Single voff, Single umax, Single vmax, Int32 color, Single[,] matrix)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.CachedTexture.Frame.Draw(Single x, Single y, Single nw, Single nh, Single uoff, Single voff, Single umax, Single vmax, Int32 color)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIImage.Render(Single timePassed)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.DoRender(Single timePassed, UInt32 currentTime)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single timePassed)

But I installed all the fonts and cleaned the cache!!
    If I go back from the my music playing now to track selection and back again to playing now the screen is ok! And the error stops from showing in the logs....
    I'm using Windows 7 64bits.

If somebody could help, I would be very happy! ;)

:D in advance...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Hi Cul8er

1.2 seems to have solved all my issues, so congratulations. I havn't extensively tested it, but it seems a lot more solid!!!

I notice that the now playing scraper hits the htbackdrop website everytime the artist changes in now playing. Even if it has previously checked the website for a particular artist, it will check again when a new playlist is created. I would suggest perhaps having a limit of one search/24hrs per artist. I know this is definitely happening because i played an artist with no fanart on htbackdrops, and it didn't find any fanart. Then I renamed the fanart on htbackdrops and replayed the artist and it found the fanart. I'm just a bit worried that you may overload htbackdrops.com or be creating unnecessary internet traffic. I added an enhancement request.

Enhancement Request - Avoid repeating htbackdrops searchs in now playing scraper

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

i have noticed that #fanarthandler.scorecenter.backdrop1.any is never filled with any value..
    where can i get version 1.2?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom