Fanart Handler Plugin v2.2.1 (and music fanart scraper) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Introduction
    Fanart Handler is a plugin for MediaPortal (MP). The plugin basically supports;
    • Search and download music artist fanart or artist thumbnails (scrape) from the htbackdrops site (link).

[*]for all artists stored in your MP music database.
      [*]for any artist currently being played (on the fly).
    • Push fanart that you store on your local harddrive to the current used MP skin.

[*]push fanart for now played music
      [*]push fanart for selected music or movie
      [*]push random images from selected folders
    • Push latest added media to your skin.

[*]latest added pictures
      [*]latest added movies (moving pictures)
      [*]latest added series (tvseries)
      [*]latest added music
      [*]latest added tv recordings

Scope
    The scope of this plugin is to;
    1. scrape htbackdrops site for music fanart for all artists stored in your MP music database.
    2. scrape htbackdrops site for music fanart for currently played artist.
    3. push music fanart for now played music track (artist images)
    4. push music fanart for browsed music artist in myMusic plugin
    5. push music fanart for browsed/played music artist in myMusicPlaylist plugin
    6. push music fanart for browsed music artist in GlobalSearch? plugin
    7. push music fanart for browsed music artist in Music Videos plugin
    8. push music fanart for browsed music artist in mVidsplugin
    9. push music fanart for browsed music artist in YouTube?.FM plugin
    10. push movie fanart for browsed video title in myVideo plugin
    11. push scorecenter fanart for browsed category in myScoreCenter plugin
    12. push cycling fanart from the following folders for use anywhere in a skin for

[*]thumbs\MovingPictures?\Backdrops\FullSize?
      [*]thumbs\Fan Art\fanart\original
      [*]thumbs\Skin Fanart\games
      [*]thumbs\Skin Fanart\movies
      [*]thumbs\Skin Fanart\music
      [*]thumbs\Skin Fanart\pictures
      [*]thumbs\Skin Fanart\plugins
      [*]thumbs\Skin Fanart\tv

Guides

Requirements
    • MediaPortal 1.1
    • The Fanart Handler Plugin ;)
    • A skin that supports the Fanart Handler.
    • If you want to use the Latest Media Features for Moving Picture version 1.0.7 is required.
    • If you want to use the Latest Media Features for TVSeries version 2.6.3 is required.
    NOTE! This plugin only supports JPG images.

Supported Skins
    Please let me know if your skin supports the Fanart Handler and I will add it to the list

Installation
    Please read the installation guide (link).

Download
    Use the new installer included in MP and the extension is available online in that tool (no need to download anything manual) or download it from the MP homepage under plugins.

Report Issues
    Please use this issue list to report any issues related to this plugin (link).

Project Page

Thank you to everyone that has helped me testing the Beta versions and the Release Candidates. Without your help this plugin would never had reached version 1. Also a big thank you to the team behind Moving Picture for one of the greatest plugins for MediaPortal ever from wich I have reused a couple of util methods (yes, I got approval from fforde). And to team MP for the best Media Center ever;)

Best Regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: Fanart Handler Plugin v2.2 (and music fanart scraper)

Hi,

Version 2.2 is now released. Please read this complete post before installing so you know about changes in the new version that can affect your current Fanart Handler installation.

Change Log (version 2.1.1 to 2.2)
    • new feature: htbackdrops have released a new API (new database) and this is the first version of Fanart Handler that supports it.
    • new feature: Scraper now scrapes artist thumbnails from htbackdrops
    • new feature: Latest added picture, movie, tvseries, tv recordings and music properties available
    • new feature: Moving Picture fanart (random) now respects parental control
    • bug fixed: many small bugs has been fixed (like sraping for new images failed from time to time).

WARNING
    Because of the new htbackdrop database and API image duplication check will no longer work. The only unique id before was the URL to the image but since this now is changed I have no way of detecting duplicates. New API supports Image IDs and this is now implemented and should assure that future changes to htbackdrops wont affect the fanart handler. If you want to be sure not to get duplicated images the only way is to (from fanart handler configuration) delete all music fanart images (Delete All Fanart button in configuration), reset the scraper (Reset Scraper button in configuration) and finally do a new scrape (Start Scraper button in configuration). If you don't mid duplicates or handles this in the configuration you do not have to to this "reset" step. And, please remember that doing so would cause alot of load on the htbackdrop site.

SKINNERS
    Skinners, please read the new section "Latest Added Media Tags" in the Skinners Guide.

NOTE
    • If you want to use the Latest Media Features for Moving Picture version 1.0.7 is required.
    • If you want to use the Latest Media Features for TVSeries version 2.6.3 is required.

Best Regards
    cul8er

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

Thank you very much for your continued hard work.

Please let me know if your skin supports the Fanart Handler and I will add it to the list
    CLR please :D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

I think you upped the wrong release, the dll is dated 1st Oct. I noticed some bugs that I raised in your Beta's popup again that's how I noticed.

Please confirm, I re-downloaded for sanity sake but could just be a problem with my setup as I had previous betas installed.

The version reported in log is: 2.2.0.24890

n4orcer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2008
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Thank you very much for your continued hard work.

CLR please :D

Even if it's not released yet, Essence 1080p supports the plugin. :)

And thanks for a awesome plugin! :)

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Getting: Error [ FanartHandlerSetup]: Start: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: in log, see attached file.
    Seems it's working tho.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

I think you upped the wrong release, the dll is dated 1st Oct. I noticed some bugs that I raised in your Beta's popup again that's how I noticed.

Please confirm, I re-downloaded for sanity sake but could just be a problem with my setup as I had previous betas installed.

The version reported in log is: 2.2.0.24890

I also noticed that. .org file in the package was also dated older than what I already had.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi
    Please let me know how you installed your version of fanart handler. Was it throgh the MPE1 installer and from online location? I have tried that on three different PCs now and all get version 2.2.0.22763. The version reported is old so I need to know how you got it.

best regards
    cul8er

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

First time posting from Android, hope it doesn't get messy :)

I got mpe1 from google code I guess minute after you uploaded it.. Renamed to zip, checked dates and manually extracted..

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi,

Thanks, I didn't think anyone had downloaded that because I had no links to it. That version only existed for a couple of minutes while I was building the real MPE1 file that is available throgh the MediaPortal Extension installer (online download). Wasn't supposed to be used by anyone. Sorry for this. Please use the MediaPortal Extension installer (online download) and get the correct version.

EDIT;
    I have now checked the goggle code version and that also is the correct version... so I still cannot understand why the version in ltfearmes logfile is wrong. Please let me know how you downloaded that version.

best regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom